• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Kestrel pressure point

FrigidArrows

Hello all,

New to the forum, and I'm sure this has been answered before. Purchased an Aero kestrel this summer and love the thing. Little discomfort on the lower adjustable strap though (below the butt). It is as loose as it can go and area gets sore after about a half hour. I have done some reading up and have seen the remarks about moving down lower, changing up bridge length and tether heights, have tried a bit but have not gotten to involved. Any quick pointers? If a solution is new bridge lengths, people usually make their own as what comes with the Kestel does not seem adjustable. Maybe shorter, but definitely can not add length.

Thanks

Hello all,

New to the forum, and I'm sure this has been answered before. Purchased an Aero kestrel this summer and love the thing. Little discomfort on the lower adjustable strap though (below the butt). It is as loose as it can go and area gets sore after about a half hour. I have done some reading up and have seen the remarks about moving down lower, changing up bridge length and tether heights, have tried a bit but have not gotten to involved. Any quick pointers? If a solution is new bridge lengths, people usually make their own as what comes with the Kestel does not seem adjustable. Maybe shorter, but definitely can not add length.

Thanks

I don't think you want to go any longer than the stock bridge with the Kestrel. Most people have went shorter, in the 24"- 30" range, mine is about 28". I know the discomfort you are talking about, I would feel it when the saddle was a little too high on my waist, sliding it down fixed it for me. I would also try lowering your tether a bit which will take some pressure off the lower strap and put it on the upper strap. If you are running the stock Kestrel bridge length you will probably have to shorten it to be able to have a lower tether.

You don't need to make your own bridge you can shorten the Kestrel bridge which is what I did all last year. This year I have an amsteel whoopie sling as my bridge.

@FrigidArrows i know that feeling all to well. That was the main reason i sold my kestrel last year. However here i am with another kestrel lol. I have a 24" web bridge on mine but i may switch it to the stock rope bridge and run it through a prussik on the kestrel loop. That will allow for it tl become a second linemans belt, as well as make pn the fly adjustments for comfort through out longer sits.

@Carcher87 That's a good idea.....I may have to steal it lol. Thanks for the info, I will definitely try shortening it up a bit and moving the tether down. Hard part is to really know you have to spend a decent amount of time in it, cant tell in five minutes.

I don't think you want to go any longer than the stock bridge with the Kestrel. Most people have went shorter, in the 24"- 30" range, mine is about 28". I know the discomfort you are talking about, I would feel it when the saddle was a little too high on my waist, sliding it down fixed it for me. I would also try lowering your tether a bit which will take some pressure off the lower strap and put it on the upper strap. If you are running the stock Kestrel bridge length you will probably have to shorten it to be able to have a lower tether.

You don't need to make your own bridge you can shorten the Kestrel bridge which is what I did all last year. This year I have an amsteel whoopie sling as my bridge.
So wearing the waist strap will make it sit lower on the back of the thigh? I played with everything but that and was thinking that since I’ve become more of a runner than a power lifter and older the “no a$$ at all” was literally causing the kestrel to bite me in the butt

I finally got mine to stop hurting my waist but it feels like it’s digging into the back of my thighs. I think it is a little to deep or has to much cup in the but! Lol still liking my sitdrag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So wearing the waist strap will make it sit lower on the back of the thigh? I played with everything but that and was thinking that since I’ve become more of a runner than a power lifter and older the “no a$$ at all” was literally causing the kestrel to bite me in the butt

There is definitely a sweet spot in there, at least for me. Too high and the bottom strap digs into my butt, too low and it digs in the back of my thighs. I don't always find that sweet spot right away I usually have to shift the saddle a couple times in the stand to find it. I would definitely try lowering your tether though a higher tether puts more pressure on the bottom strap.

There is definitely a sweet spot in there, at least for me. Too high and the bottom strap digs into my butt, too low and it digs in the back of my thighs. I don't always find that sweet spot right away I usually have to shift the saddle a couple times in the stand to find it. I would definitely try lowering your tether though a higher tether puts more pressure on the bottom strap.
Makes logic!

Back