• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Longbow

katiesmom

SH Member
Just got my new custom longbow from Shatterproof Archery

I love this bow. Left handed, cut to center, 58 inches, 43#@25. Lightweight, slim, shoots my hunting arrows like darts. This is my hunting bow. Put an EFA 4 arrow quiver on it.

I had no idea of how different it is to shoot a custom bow. So so much easier and more fun.

Just sold one longbow, gonna put another one up for sale. I won't be using them.

Yall check out his web site. He's got other stuff too. He's on youtube, that's where I found him over 2 years ago.

Pics will be up later today. Just wanted to share....

Kramer Ammons is one of the main inspirations/ reasons I want to build my own bow(s) one day. Looking forward to the photos

Nice new bow! It’s got that clean classic wood look. Did you special request a matt finish? Can you shoot FF with it?
What bows are you letting go of?

Just got my new custom longbow from Shatterproof Archery

I love this bow. Left handed, cut to center, 58 inches, 43#@25. Lightweight, slim, shoots my hunting arrows like darts. This is my hunting bow. Put an EFA 4 arrow quiver on it.

I had no idea of how different it is to shoot a custom bow. So so much easier and more fun.

Just sold one longbow, gonna put another one up for sale. I won't be using them.

Yall check out his web site. He's got other stuff too. He's on youtube, that's where I found him over 2 years ago.

Pics will be up later today. Just wanted to share....
Nice new bow!! What size arrows are you using at 43#@25 ?? I sold both of my slick stick Longbows last year because of neck problems and they just didn't fit me at my drawl length. I'm 25in with a compound. How did you order your size bow I only see @28 on the site? Thanks

Nice new bow!! What size arrows are you using at 43#@25 ?? I sold both of my slick stick Longbows last year because of neck problems and they just didn't fit me at my drawl length. I'm 25in with a compound. How did you order your size bow I only see @28 on the site? Thanks

I'm using GT trad 500s cut to 28 inches. 4 inch shield left wing feathers, 100 gr insert, 200 gr left bevel Cutthroat broadheads.

They have changed the website. BUT go in and add your draw weight you want. Then left or right hand. Then when you add to the cart you will see a block for special instructions. Type in there what you want, like "Please adjust my bow to 43#@25" or whatever.

They are also very responsive to emails.

Good hunting!

Did you realize he's selling a bow kit?
Yeah, I eyed it, but I'm more of a do it all or do none of it guy, whenever I do build a bow or two I want to resaw, laminate, etc and build the whole thing from scratch. I already have a decent amount t of woodworking tools/experience. It's "on the list". It's just... A long list.

Back