• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New mantis: how to check if it’s right size

LiverEatingJoe

Got this mantis today. It is a medium. I am a 36 waist but wonder if my butt is too big. Just took some quick pictures. Is this the way it should fit?IMG_1230.JPGIMG_1232.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only one who can decide that is you. If you are thinking it’s too small it probably is.

The only one who can decide that is you. If you are thinking it’s too small it probably is.

I feel like I don’t know enough yet to know but it feels OK. Just don’t know if that’s the way it should look (in the pictures.)

Should the mash come more around my waist?

I feel like I don’t know enough yet to know but it feels OK. Just don’t know if that’s the way it should look (in the pictures.)

Should the mash come more around my waist?

Some say the mesh should be ignored and you should push the two straps together under your butt. So this is going to be an extremely difficult discussion.

Here’s what I think. At the top of your leg bone is a point called the greater trochanter. If any of the straps (especially where there is sewing) are pushing against the greater trochanter you are going to hurt. I think either the mesh should be positioned behind that point or forward of that point but not on it. It looks like the mesh on your saddle lies behind this point. Of course if you wear thicker clothes the saddle is going to seem even smaller. I would rather have the saddle a little too big than too small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back