• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Member from CT

Nate B

Hi all.
Since my primary hunting season is now over, I have had plenty of time to watch videos & catch up on some reading. I came across this site and have watched just about every video you guys have posted about saddle hunting. It convinced me to switch over from my current climbing setup, especially since I hunt primarily public land. Don't get me wrong, I still plan on using my ladder stand on the small piece of private land that I have especially since it is quite large, and both my young sons (8 & 11) like to come with me on occasion so I take turns with taking them out. I have already ordered a mantis saddle & some wildedge stepps, and am (un)patiently waiting for them to come in.
In the meantime, is there any other useful tips to help me prepare for this upcoming season, or is there anyone local to the North Western CT area that could show me some of their setup and how they setup in a tree? Any help or extra info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate

Welcome from Arkansas. Check the saddle hunter map to see if you have some close members, I know we have quite a few New Englanders

@Peterk1234. Thanks for the invite. Hopefully my gear arrives before then and my schedule stays clear enough for me to make it. I would love to go and learn more about this aspect of hunting from some people in real life other than YouTube.

Back