• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New member from Mid Michigan

matt76cmich

I've been wanting to look more into saddle hunting as it just makes sense for how far I go in on public land here in Michigan, cut down on noise, and increase concealment. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the people here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome from another Midland saddle hunter! If you want any hands on help I'm in Mt Haley township by Bullock Creek H.S.
Nice, Im not far from you at all. I'm on Patterson Rd. Good luck this year!

Any help will definitely be appreciated.

Thanks, good luck to you too.
Do you have a saddle already or just looking into them?
The Guido caught my eye a couple years ago, but never pulled the trigger. Im getting more serious with the thought of saddle hunting next season, but I do not have a saddle yet. Im hoping to figure out what will be the most comfortable and work the best for me. I'm on the potential buyer list for the JX3 hybrid, but not sure if that or more of a traditional saddle will work best for my big frame lol. I'm 6'5" and around 290 right now, shooting for 250 by next season.

The Guido caught my eye a couple years ago, but never pulled the trigger. Im getting more serious with the thought of saddle hunting next season, but I do not have a saddle yet. Im hoping to figure out what will be the most comfortable and work the best for me. I'm on the potential buyer list for the JX3 hybrid, but not sure if that or more of a traditional saddle will work best for my big frame lol. I'm 6'5" and around 290 right now, shooting for 250 by next season.

Dang man, I’m literally half your size, bummer. I was going to offer to let you use some of my gear but I’m afraid that won’t work as far as saddles go.
I can definitely help with climbing methods and platforms/ ring of step set ups though.
There’s so many great options out there, I’d be happy to help save you some money while you figure out what works best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back