• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New member from SE Kansas

FletchDeep

New saddle user from SE Kansas here. I have tried a few homemade saddles in the past & they were both poorly designed and constructed. One made by someone else that I really wasn't super confident in their build, and one I very poorly tried to imitate a Guido's Web. But I think I've got a winner with a new version I made following the make of the new AeroHunter and Tethrd designs. My main use will be for when filming family and friends hunts, this should be much easier to get up in the same tree as the hunter without having to hang another stand on the wrong side of the tree and being uncomfortable the whole time.

New design is made with Cordura fabric and 2" webbing for the load bearing portions. Started stitching with the speedy stitcher and 60lb braid, then finally talked my mother into using her old sewing machine with 30lb braid. Just waiting for my cheap Webbing rock climbing harness that I will sew into my saddle and use as a waist belt / backup safety. So far I have bounced around in this in the front yard and everything seems pretty solid.

Let me know if you see any glaring errors. I'll try and get a pic of the actual saddle posted later today.
saddle hanging.jpg

Pics of saddle. Harness just came in mail today so hopefully get it stitched in today
c7ee24e8d33cd67939926af984d4704c.jpg
4992482d8b1b18842493b9174ab7395f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome!! It looks solid! Give it a few test hangs (from a safe height...) lol. Good luck this year!

Welcome to the site, I love the sewing, looks like you did a really good job, Mine i made is pretty crude. I am new to this style of hunting. Keep us posted on your upcoming season and best of luck to you.
Have a blessed week.
Dale

The Welcome Wagon cruises through the prairies of the Sunflower State and finds a crafty noob to join the traveling circus. Welcome partner!

We'll follow the yellow brick road north. 75 exits and Dorothy will click her ruby crocs together to cast off the Wicked Witch of the East (Huck), in search of Oz (redsquirrel).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the welcome's. So far I've used it at ground level a few times getting used to moving around the tree with a wild edge step. Also got out and used it when moving a treestand. I think once I get some bigger pockets made up this will replace my HSS hanger harness. Feels really safe when using the front hookup of the RCH in addition to the LB.

New saddle user from SE Kansas here. I have tried a few homemade saddles in the past & they were both poorly designed and constructed. One made by someone else that I really wasn't super confident in their build, and one I very poorly tried to imitate a Guido's Web. But I think I've got a winner with a new version I made following the make of the new AeroHunter and Tethrd designs. My main use will be for when filming family and friends hunts, this should be much easier to get up in the same tree as the hunter without having to hang another stand on the wrong side of the tree and being uncomfortable the whole time.

New design is made with Cordura fabric and 2" webbing for the load bearing portions. Started stitching with the speedy stitcher and 60lb braid, then finally talked my mother into using her old sewing machine with 30lb braid. Just waiting for my cheap Webbing rock climbing harness that I will sew into my saddle and use as a waist belt / backup safety. So far I have bounced around in this in the front yard and everything seems pretty solid.

Let me know if you see any glaring errors. I'll try and get a pic of the actual saddle posted later today.
Welco,e

Those of you that have successfully spliced yale bandit rope I salute you! Got to the point of bringing the core back into the cover and could not get it past the y. So knots it is for me. And I ran a few stitches through the tag end after this picture just for peace of mind.
cc1f33f3f8d601b953608882889c0c3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back