• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Member from SWMO

BOWHUNTER14

Hey guys this is my first year trying out saddle hunting, I am super excited to go this route but the only downfall is my Aerohunter Krestel wont be here till October 4th... 20 days after Missouri Archery season opens. So once I get the saddle I will have to get comfortable hunting out of it at ground level before I climb up 20 ft. Hopefully something changes and they can get it out sooner, until then ill be stuck using a hang on

So far my set up is gonna be

Aerohunter Krestel
Tethrd linesman/tree tether
3 LW sticks
Predator platform.

Welcome from Michigan. Search the forums for DIY saddles and make a temporary one to practice with and hunt the first few weeks.

Welcome from MA. Same thing happened to me last year. Still killed two bucks from the saddle, one on the last day of the bow season. If you've used the sticks before, the Predator is a no brainer. Mostly it's getting used to the shooting angles. If you have a safety harness now use the linesman loops make a bridge and use the tether at ground level and practice shooting the angles as best you can. it'll make it less foreign feeling when your stuff arrives. Use a treestand like the predator just keep your feet tight to the tree. Watch G2's videos on how to shoot the shots, it was super helpful for me. Good luck, and be safe.

I have everything I need to start except the saddle. So if anyone has a Size one Kestrel they want rid (even if its at the don't wanna sell price) please let me know. Not really wanting to wait till October to get comfortable with this set up. PM me if you got something to sell!

Back