• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Member from Western New York

Yodan

Didn't know any thing about saddle hunting till last issue of Traditional Bowhunter. Really sparked my interest in trying saddle hunting. I've been trying to research which saddle to buy and which climbing method. Saddle kind of pricey so want to try to get one that will work for me. Hoping to be using this style of hunting come fall and move away from ladder stands. I used my climber last year and really fought it. First time I used it in 7 years and used to be very good with it. Looking for something easier and safer. Don't know if anybody near me has one to try for size.

Welcome from SE Wisconsin. There is a saddle hunter map on here that might show someone closer to you. A lot of people start with a sit drag and rock climbing harness.

Also check out the new user information section. A lot of good information there. Lots of good advice from a lot of great people! Keep in mind that if you are going to order a saddle it could be 3 months before you get it due to backlogs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'm in Syracuse. I currently have a L Trophyline and a size 1 kestrel coming tomorrow. If your interested
SRT and stepps for climbing also

Alumni of NCCC, myself, lol!! Born and raised in Auburn at the North tip of Owasco Lake. Moved to KY a year ago. Welcome Yankee, you have fantastic hunting up there!!

I'm in Syracuse. I currently have a L Trophyline and a size 1 kestrel coming tomorrow. If your interested
SRT and stepps for climbing also
My name is Fred. Live outside Niagara Falls. I'm interested in the Areo Hunter as well, in fact I was on the phone with them today. I was asking about what size I would need. I'm slender build, waist size 33. My concern was when it's real cold, late season and I'm wearing my insulated bibs would the size 1 be to tight? The woman I was talking with seemed to indicate that the 1 would be fine. Another question was about the tree tether. Is the standard 6 ft. long enough or should I get the 12 ft. one?

Alumni of NCCC, myself, lol!! Born and raised in Auburn at the North tip of Owasco Lake. Moved to KY a year ago. Welcome Yankee, you have fantastic hunting up there!!
Yes we do! I hunt in Allegany county in little hamlet of Short Track. Hoping to be hunting this year in a saddle.

My name is Fred. Live outside Niagara Falls. I'm interested in the Areo Hunter as well, in fact I was on the phone with them today. I was asking about what size I would need. I'm slender build, waist size 33. My concern was when it's real cold, late season and I'm wearing my insulated bibs would the size 1 be to tight? The woman I was talking with seemed to indicate that the 1 would be fine. Another question was about the tree tether. Is the standard 6 ft. long enough or should I get the 12 ft. one?

@JCLINE84 made me a 7ft. one to hook a Ropeman 1 to. I'm going to use an adjustable bridge and see if I can dial it in for the "sweet spot". Maybe end up keeping it so I'm able to adjust on all day hunts.
@Yodan I'd be willing to let you try them out. PM me some time

Thank you. I live in Town of Niagara outside Niagara Falls. Brand new to saddle hunting.

I bought all the gear this winter, haven’t actually hunted out of one myself yet either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What saddle did you get? I'm leaning on the Aero Kestrel to buy. Wait time is a couple of weeks compared to couple of months for Mantis. Probably going to get the Wild Edge Steeps although I haven't ruled out sticks. If I get the steeps I can use several of them for a platform. I do like the looks of the platform from Tethrd but only so much cash. That may be next year.
I hunt in a small town called Short Track. It's north of Angelica. I'm not far from Rt. 19 which goes up toward your area.

Morning and welcome from God’s country Missouri. Married a woman from Orchard Park. She took me there in January one year....ain’t never going to happen again LOL! Beautiful area would like to get up there to do some hunting one of these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weather a lot better in October and November for hunting!!! Orchard Park is in the snow belt. It receives snow storms off Lake Erie. I live north of there in Niagara Falls. Glad to meet you

Back