• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Saddle Gun

I was just looking these up last night. I have a S&W 460xvr and a Ruger super red hawk 44 mag. But I’m thinking of going to this platform. I haven’t hunted with pistol from the saddle yet but is got to be a great combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a cva optima pistol that is basically the same gun in a muzzleloader configuration. They are the best value in the single shot pistol world. I’ve been eyeballing the 6.5 scout for about 6 months but really hoping they will make it in 300 blackout again.

How is it shooting a single shot 6.5 in pistol platform?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I just picked mine up tonight. Have not fired it yet. Got an itchy trigger finger though... :laughing: :cool:

I’ve never fired one in 6.5x55. I have owned 30-30, 45-70, and 7mm-08 44 mag and 50ae single shots. I would expect the 6.5 to fall somewhere between 30-30 and 7mm-08.

Have you checked out the remington 700cp. I plan on getting one in .300 blkout after the holidays.
I want to get my hands on one. It’s more of a bench gun than a hunting firearm. Your almost 6lbs without a scope. You can hunt with it but it’s more because you want to than it actually adds any benefit.

I have one of the “old” TC Contenders in 35 Rem. with a 14” compensated hunter barrel. Nice weapon, but hard on the ears!

I have one of the “old” TC Contenders in 35 Rem. with a 14” compensated hunter barrel. Nice weapon, but hard on the ears!
I have the same. I haven't used it out of the saddle yet. It's deadly on white tails, and the ultimate run and gun weapon. Ear protection definitely required.

I'm thinking really hard about getting a Ruger Raging hunter in 44 mag for next year. They look awesome.

Anybody have any experience with one?

Back