• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New saddle help please

Jasonejt

I’m sure this has been asked a many times before but how do you pick a saddle. I’m new to the saddle hunting and want to purchase one but stuck on the different brands. I’ve been reading on here and researching but I just keep saying well I get this one. No I’ll get this one and so on.

I’m sure this has been asked a many times before but how do you pick a saddle. I’m new to the saddle hunting and want to purchase one but stuck on the different brands. I’ve been reading on here and researching but I just keep saying well I get this one. No I’ll get this one and so on.
Comfort and hunting styles are different to everyone. Best advice anyone can give you is to check for saddle hunters in your area and meet up with some of them so you can try a couple before you choose. It’ll save you money in the long run. Also the longer you hunt from one, the more in tune your “style will be”. So what works in some instances might not work in others. Everyone has their favorite but their body might be built different than yours. They might choose light weight where you might want more rigidity. Again meet ups and trying multiple saddles will be the best bet if you can find some people that have time to let you try a few! Good luck in your search

Go on youtube and type tree saddle reviews. I recommend the cruzr xc and areo hunter. Don't be cheap on a tree saddle just wasting time and money. The most important thing about saddle hunting is practice. You have Practice your climbing methods sitting in a tree Saddle shooting in a tree Saddle. You should practice in big trees small trees and slanted trees. YouTube is a great resource for anything tree saddle related. I have over 30 videos tree saddle saved on youtube.

If you truly want be mobile get framed backpack. If can't afford right Away you delay it. If you can afford get one. The ability to pack out a deer is huge. The second is the strain on your back makes a huge difference especially when you are older. I carry synthetic Ghillie suit so can setup on the fly if I have to.

Last edited:
Your probably going to need to try a few to see what you prefer. You can try them for not much of a loss besides shipping from classifieds. When you first get started you don’t really know what you like until you spend some time hunting. Just grab one & see how it is. My 2 favorites are aero hunter kite & TX5 reaper….that said saddle fit is personal preference.

Back