• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Saddle Hunter from MN

Hi Guys, been looking at saddle hunting for a while now as a way to minimize what I take into the woods with me and to be more mobile. Ive been hunting out of hang on stands for many years and now have an Aero Hunter Kite on the way! Going to try climbing spikes as well. I should have them a couple weeks before the season starts here, so I can play with them a bit to get acclimated. I am also a trad bow hunter, any thing special a trad guy needs to know?
Thanks!!

Welcome to the site. I am from Minnesota and hunt with a self bow that is just short of 70 inches. It is easier shooting a long bow from a saddle than from a tree stand. I think you will like it.

Welcome to the site. I am from Minnesota and hunt with a self bow that is just short of 70 inches. It is easier shooting a long bow from a saddle than from a tree stand. I think you will like it.
That is what I was thinking from the videos I've seen. Thanks!

Welcome to the site! Plenty of resources..... when you’re learning to climb w/ spurs your natural tendency is to kinda hug the tree & gaff hard straight down. Recipe for disaster! Trust your linesman’s belt lean back a hair & high knee then firmly into the tree at a slight angle. Helps to keep from gaffing out or yourself ( also watch yourself at the base of the tree & never walk in them) . There are plenty of guys that climb for a living on here, I’m not one of them , but had some put me on the right track years ago.........

The Welcome Wagon fights through a cloud of mosquitoes and navigates 10,000 lakes as it winds through the North Star State to pickup an old school archer. Welcome buddy!

If we get 75 croc-wearing vikings to sign up we win free Jesse "the Body" Ventura leftover campaign swag and a 5 minute consult with DIY Sportsman!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site! Hope those tree spikes work out for you. I'd go that route if they were legal on public land.

The Welcome Wagon fights through a cloud of mosquitoes and navigates 10,000 lakes as it winds through the North Star State to pickup an old school archer. Welcome buddy!

If we get 75 croc-wearing vikings to sign up we win free Jesse "the Body" Ventura leftover campaign swag and a 5 minute consult with DIY Sportsman!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Lol what he said.

Welcome from Jordan, MN!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back