• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Saddle Hunter in Lower Alabama

southernr

Hey all! I’ve had my eye on saddle hunting since last year. I love my summit climber but I find that sometimes I have a hard time finding the perfect tree and it’s also heavy and cumbersome for long public land walks. Also, we have pretty temperate weather here most of hunting season so anything I can do to lighten my load is a plus. Finally pulled the trigger on a mantis yesterday. I’m still debating on what type of platform I’ll use. Right now I’m thinking something similar to the ring of steps. I’ll be using lone wolf sticks and will be looking into a diy aider. Looking forward to trying it out and got my fingers crossed that the shipping times are closer to 4-6 weeks like I’ve been reading.

Thanks guys. Nutterbuster I’m in Spanish Fort so I may take you up on that for sure!

Sweet. I’ve been watching a lot of the G2 Outdoors videos and The Hunting Public and Catman on YouTube and was finally persuaded this was the way to go. I’m excited. Just gotta figure out what to do as far as a platform. Can’t drop any more dough on a predator right now but maybe next year.

Welcome southernr! I'm from up near Chatom, but I work near Mobile. You're gonna love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back