• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New saddle hunter in North Carolina

Bustin

I've been looking around and reading the forms for a week or so until I decided to finally make an account. I'm currently modifying a sitdrag as I wait for my RH, ropes, and WE steps to come in, any advice will be much appreciated

Welcome!

Best advice is to read through the posts on the site (climbing methods and anything saddle related sections) till your eyes bleed! Don't start with the most recent, but go back a year or two at least and gain some perspective before you read the latest and greatest, it will help you in the end. Use the search feature heavily too, 9.5 out of 10 questions asked are already answered ten fold in former posts.

The other is to reach out to other members and put your hands on different options and get a better feel for what you like. Everyone here has a different like and even two guys identical sized like different sizes of the same saddle. You cannot go off of what the manufacturers recommend on size alone.

John H., Hickory, NC

Keep your nose to the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

Welcome from upstate South Carolina! If you are starting out with w/e steps get ready for a learning curve. They are not the easiest to master but I love mine!

Welcome!

Best advice is to read through the posts on the site (climbing methods and anything saddle related sections) till your eyes bleed! Don't start with the most recent, but go back a year or two at least and gain some perspective before you read the latest and greatest, it will help you in the end. Use the search feature heavily too, 9.5 out of 10 questions asked are already answered ten fold in former posts.

The other is to reach out to other members and put your hands on different options and get a better feel for what you like. Everyone here has a different like and even two guys identical sized like different sizes of the same saddle. You cannot go off of what the manufacturers recommend on size alone.

John H., Hickory, NC

Keep your nose to the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.
Whatever he said!! Welcome to the site!!

Welcome! I’m originally from Rockingham County NC, currently living in VA.

I really like the crossed 1795 Springfields. You must hunt around Ft. Bragg. I was welcomed here yesterday. So welcome battle!

I really like the crossed 1795 Springfields. You must hunt around Ft. Bragg. I was welcomed here yesterday. So welcome battle!
Thanks, I've been thinking about trying on post but not sure yet. Nice 1st Cav patch, I left Hood about a year ago

Back