• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Saddle Hunter in Northeast Georgia

SaddleSlayer18

Howdy fellow saddlerers! I just wrapped up my 3rd deer hunting season her in Georgia. I have decided to take the plunge into the saddle world. If there is anyone around Athens or in the northeast Georgia area and would like to do some hunting or just get together and talk hunting sometime that would be awesome to get together! I have gotten into this alone and have mainly taught myself through YouTube and other avenues. I do most of my hunting solo and would like to do some more hunts with some like minded hunters. I plan on doing some filming this year and break out of my comfort zone. You can follow me on Instagram at @dunwentwild. Thanks guys, I look forward to meeting some folks and becoming an all around better hunter/outdoorsman.

- Stay Wild

There is a Tethrd teach and train event in Atlanta at the end of next month. Lots of big national forest land in north Georgia but not the best population of deer.

I'm about 3 and a half 4 hours (depending on atl traffic) from the TN line! Was thinking of making a trip to hunt the velvet weekend this year till I saw it was private only!

yeah I don’t understand that at all! Doesn’t Kentucky have a velvet hunt too? Maybe it’s public.

yeah I don’t understand that at all! Doesn’t Kentucky have a velvet hunt too? Maybe it’s public.
I heard about TN last year and was pumped to do it this year till my balls were busted! Haven't heard about Kentucky. I'll look into it! How close ar ya to Nashville?

Back