• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New saddle hunter

Hoytstringmusic3

I joined the saddle hunting nation last year and could really see the up side to using the saddle 100% of the time. It has been a definite game changer and I really like the system. My only problem is my mantis keeps sliding up and I have to keep pulling it down to get it square around my bottom. I have tried to change the height of my tether and it doesn't seem to help. I don't want to adjust my leg straps too tight that it becomes uncomfortable. I am 5'10"and 165 and have the medium mantis. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Do I need a bigger size?

Thank you in advance!

I joined the saddle hunting nation last year and could really see the up side to using the saddle 100% of the time. It has been a definite game changer and I really like the system. My only problem is my mantis keeps sliding up and I have to keep pulling it down to get it square around my bottom. I have tried to change the height of my tether and it doesn't seem to help. I don't want to adjust my leg straps too tight that it becomes uncomfortable. I am 5'10"and 165 and have the medium mantis. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Do I need a bigger size?

Thank you in advance!
Welcome aboard...let me say your hooked...and the help you'll find here is genuine. The Mantis is known to so this, but the kestrel doesnt ride up on you. I'm 5'8" 165 lbs and its really comfortable. My recommendation is to find a member close to you that uses a Kestrel and try it out. Everyone around here would be more than willing
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

I live close to Traverse City, MI. Bit of a hike to the Flint Area. Have you been in a Mantis or just know others have voiced the same problem? Are there any mods I could do/make to help with this?

Welcome from NC! I am sure someone on here can help good luck and keep hanging!

I live close to Traverse City, MI. Bit of a hike to the Flint Area. Have you been in a Mantis or just know others have voiced the same problem? Are there any mods I could do/make to help with this?
The mantis probably receives the most hype but that's a common complaint amongst SHer's is that it rides up on you. I dont have one but went to Michigans demo day several weeks ago and put my hands on them that day. The mantis is very good guality and I have to admit the mantis is light weight compared to the rest, but I preferred the Aerohunter Kestrel over everything else out there. The kestrels heavy straps, stitching, buckles, and double molly loops is what really stood out...hope this helps
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

Back