• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New set up

MCDM

Vendor Rep
So i have all my gear except for the RC harness (1 more week before it is sent out). But im running a 11mm ultratech tether and linemans belt which will really work in my new ropemans. My bridge is gonna be an ultratech 9mm sewn 28inches total length. Backup attachment to my harness will be 8mm ultratech sewn prusiks. All biners are petzel william triact locking. For saddle harness I will be rocking a Maustypsu made G2 inspired sitdrag along with the misty mountain tactical harness in multicam. Wish I had it all at this point itching to get out and hang in this instead of my evo. I will post pics as soon as it is all assembled and good to go. Lol im just so excited to share it.

Sounds great. What specific harness from Misty Mtn? Also, what, if any, are you doing for linemans belt attachments?

I got the cadillac tactical. I called them about the gear loop rating and they are rated at 8kn which is about 1800lbs. However since i will have the sitdrag on as well the loops on that will match with the side loops so it will combine the two which should be plenty of strength. I was on the phone with them for about 45mins discussing what my intended purpose was and they stated but off record in some sense that it would be more then adequate as far as gear loop ratings. I really prefer the milspec webbing on this as far as strength is concerned and durability.

Sounds awesome. This thing is going to be bomb proof.

Thats the goal!! I will mention that after toying with the Ultratech stuff it seems definitely more durable and it packs down pretty well. I could have just stuck with the 9mm all the way around but the 11mm stuff is rated for use with the ropeman 1. The premade hitch style cords will work really well for removable bridge kudos to DaveT on that suggestion idea. This all together according to my calculations will be significantly lighter than the my evo setup.

Oh btw I played with the ropemans last night as these are the first ones I have ever owned and all I could say is what the heck was I thinking before lol!! These things make everything much easier for adjusting especially the linemans belt.

With your backup Prusik....how are you hooking it up? Are you running a second carabiner with the Prusik below your ropeman?

With your backup Prusik....how are you hooking it up? Are you running a second carabiner with the Prusik below your ropeman?

Yes tether is adjustable with ropeman connection to the bridge and back up will be a carabiner w/prusik attachment to rc harness.

Got it. Looking for a cleaner set up. Yours is a safer one. I have been backing up to the Ropeman Carabiner so no redundant connection to the tether unless I clip in to the tail of the tether (but my sound length ones don't offer that).

Oh btw I played with the ropemans last night as these are the first ones I have ever owned and all I could say is what the heck was I thinking before lol!! These things make everything much easier for adjusting especially the linemans belt.
I remember thinking the same thing! Life is so much easier!

I'd like to see it too.
I think he is just taking the tether below the ropeman and bridge and adjusting the Prusik where it connects with a carabiner to his harness.

I'd like to see it too.
I think he is just taking the tether below the ropeman and bridge and adjusting the Prusik where it connects with a carabiner to his harness.

Exactly!!
Could you post a pic. of this? Not following but interested in safety aspect

Im still waiting on my rc harness to come in and I will post as soon as i get it

I just figure 8 the end of the tether and connect directly to my rc harness. This only protects if the bridge fails or the ropeman1. I run my lb around the tree and clip onto itself with the ropeman1, then hook the tail end of that to my rc with same carabiner as the one on end of figure 8 main tether. Looks like spaghetti in front of me, but its not in the way.

Yes tether is adjustable with ropeman connection to the bridge and back up will be a carabiner w/prusik attachment to rc harness.
I have my tether rigged the same way with one addition: I have a second prussik attached to the bridge carabinerand to the tether/rope above the bridge carabiner. Since this second prussik never receives a load (unless of course the ropeman shears the tether, which is the precaution) it is semi loose and just gets pushed or pulled by the ropeman as you make adjustments. Overkill?...yes but than again I figure the ropeman is likely crushing the same general spot on the rope and a prussik is cheap and light insurance.

Back