• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Shop (Hickory NC area)

Spence71

Well... "new to me". not a new shop. Went over to a buddy's house sunday and did some shooting. He's got 10 or so 3D targets in his backyard. Fridge full of beer. Was a good evening.. anyway, he was telling me about his bow. He recently had it restrung. Something wasn't right. Instead of taking it back to that shop, he was near another one who looked at it. Had it for a few days. Fixed it. Tested it. And all that.. He took it home and pulled back, and it felt wrong. He thought it was something cam related. So he took it to God's Country Archery in Clairmont NC. Ashely looked at it for about 30 seconds and said the string was on wrong.

2 shops.

Didn't catch it.

The second shop was where I bought my bow. I've always thought it was a little 'off'. But I gave most of that wonkiness more to my being a newb bow shooter and not the gear. Turns out... I took it to God's Country yesterday. D- loop was off/high. New Hyper glide. New peep (had a small one and couldn't see the ring fully through it), his dad fixed something on my string. Fixed my cam timing. Tuned it. and i bought a new release. All that took 3 hours and was under $150. great group of folks there. they make in house custom strings. I hear great things about them.

if you're in the area, stop by. They have some weird shop hours M/W/F 3-7, Sat 9-4. Don't be in a hurry. =)

Well... "new to me". not a new shop. Went over to a buddy's house sunday and did some shooting. He's got 10 or so 3D targets in his backyard. Fridge full of beer. Was a good evening.. anyway, he was telling me about his bow. He recently had it restrung. Something wasn't right. Instead of taking it back to that shop, he was near another one who looked at it. Had it for a few days. Fixed it. Tested it. And all that.. He took it home and pulled back, and it felt wrong. He thought it was something cam related. So he took it to God's Country Archery in Clairmont NC. Ashely looked at it for about 30 seconds and said the string was on wrong.

2 shops.

Didn't catch it.

The second shop was where I bought my bow. I've always thought it was a little 'off'. But I gave most of that wonkiness more to my being a newb bow shooter and not the gear. Turns out... I took it to God's Country yesterday. D- loop was off/high. New Hyper glide. New peep (had a small one and couldn't see the ring fully through it), his dad fixed something on my string. Fixed my cam timing. Tuned it. and i bought a new release. All that took 3 hours and was under $150. great group of folks there. they make in house custom strings. I hear great things about them.

if you're in the area, stop by. They have some weird shop hours M/W/F 3-7, Sat 9-4. Don't be in a hurry. =)

Wish I had a shop like that around my place. They all seem to rush you out the door as fast as you came in.

Yeah. My first one, other than not scouts I’d never shot an arrow. He had one “he’d make me a deal on” and did a little measuring and stuff. 20-30 min and $800 later I had a bow. Arrows release. He didn’t adjust too much. Set the kisser. Adjusted draw lbs and peep. I think that was about it.

So to spend 3 hours watching guys work on it and chat about this and that. (Honestly prolly 1 hour of work) was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dude, you should have asked me first, I have a few ties to the family! Ashley's dad Tim was my chemistry teacher in high school, his uncle Phil was in our hunting club in Edgefield, SC, and as there when I took my very first deer. I played softball and went to church with his first cousin Chris, his grandfather Jim was a business associate of my dad, and Ashley went to school with my nieces.

Very small shop with limited inventory, so they don't push product on the shelf just to clear inventory, but will order anything needed and they stand by their sales and service. His strings are as good as any out there and they are very thorough on tuning. Their hours are a little odd and change due to this being Ashley's side business, works FT in the National Guard, so always call and confirm they are open don't just go by the hours posted. Glad you found them!

Yeah. Was A great experience. And after the 2nd shop screwed my guy and was the same folks to set mine up.. and I was gonna be in the “hood” anyway... was in Denver...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back