• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to FL

TexaninSconny

Arrived in the panhandle a couple weeks ago and I am enjoying this transition immensely. A perfect transition for me as although I grew up in TX I really loved the cooler temps of WI. This will give me a few months to ease in to the southern steam session called summer.

In looking at whitetail hunting in WMAs here in FL am I right that you don’t need a quota permit for archery in some of these WMAs? In looking at one that is local to me it looks like you just need a quota permit for gun. So just a regular archery license will do? Any feedback from the FL fellas would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Side note: Admins, can one edit their handle for this site? I’m not seeing it if you can.

Further side note: In my journey down here I concluded that Alabama drivers are the worst. They just sit in the left lane doing 60. That was a beautiful, but annoying five hours of driving. Could’ve been four. ;P

I'd recommend getting the gold sportsman license...not sure how that works for non resident. U would need hunting licence, management area permit, archery permit, deer permit u can purchase all separately or u get the sportsman's gold and it covers almost everything except ducks and certain fish.

The way I read it u be good to hunt till the end of archery and the middle of gun season without a quota....each wma is different... looks like u got a pretty good 1 to start out on

Screenshot_20221101-123826~2.pngScreenshot_20221101-123838~2.png

Ok, that’s what I was thinking, too, but curious if I was missing anything.
I’m still rehabbing a knee injury from this summer so probably not doing much climbing this summer. I think I’m going to grab one of those PacSeats and I’ll use it for ground hunting, fishing and camping.

Born and raised here there is a lot of wma I’m going in the morning before work. North of Pensacola. I’m actually staying in mobile al. Are baby is in the nicu we come home some I live in Washington county north of Panama City beach

Hope your kid is doing well, my friend. Have they given you a timeline for how long he/she will be in the nicu?

Arrived in the panhandle a couple weeks ago and I am enjoying this transition immensely. A perfect transition for me as although I grew up in TX I really loved the cooler temps of WI. This will give me a few months to ease in to the southern steam session called summer.

In looking at whitetail hunting in WMAs here in FL am I right that you don’t need a quota permit for archery in some of these WMAs? In looking at one that is local to me it looks like you just need a quota permit for gun. So just a regular archery license will do? Any feedback from the FL fellas would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Side note: Admins, can one edit their handle for this site? I’m not seeing it if you can.

Further side note: In my journey down here I concluded that Alabama drivers are the worst. They just sit in the left lane doing 60. That was a beautiful, but annoying five hours of driving. Could’ve been four. ;P
I say just get the gold sportsman that way you’re fully covered and you can apply for quotas and hope for the best..

Back