• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to saddle .. Any tips

Joshua2236

Just bought two new sit drags until I can can't afford a new Kestrel. I was wondering if you had any tips. I was wondering what's the best material for my bridge and what size static rope for my tether. And anything else you all I think I'll need thanks for all the help. I tried to search some things but was having a hard time so I figured I would just start a new thread.

Just bought two new sit drags until I can can't afford a new Kestrel. I was wondering if you had any tips. I was wondering what's the best material for my bridge and what size static rope for my tether. And anything else you all I think I'll need thanks for all the help. I tried to search some things but was having a hard time so I figured I would just start a new thread.

This is how I setup my Sitdrag.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I have mine setup very similar to g2, for the tether i use 11mm static from rei with a ropeman 1 on it, will probably make a new tether with Samson predator for next season. Adding a belt and a fixed bridge is probably the best two things to do to a sitdrag out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I'm going to be converting the Lone Wolf climbing sticks from the strap that comes Factory with rope how long of a rope do you all recommend

We hunt pretty big trees in Kentucky where I'm from how long of a tether would you all have

I hunt KY also what part are you in..... mine is like 6 1/2' but I usually shoot for trees not much bigger around than a telephone pole, I used to hunt some real big trees with hang ons but I opt for smaller stuff where available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back