• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to saddle hunting, excited, little overwhelmed, but feel confident!

Bowhunter5262

So I'm new to saddle hunting, nowhere near New to hunting! I've got five years experience in tree labor. I order a harness, next week will order my climbing rope and ascender. I'm going with the DRT climbing method for most trees, and a platform assisted climb for all trees that have few limbs at hunting height. I will be building a diy platform for this, or be carrying the bottom platform of my climbing stand. Any advice is welcome! I'm from middle Georgia and I'll be doing some rural hunting along with urban.
I hope everyone has a safe season and has bountiful harvests! God bless!

Thank you! Will do. I forgot to mention, my name is Ryan, and I'm a DIY kinda guy, and a perfectionist most of the time!

Welcome from middle TN!! Used to live in Atlanta. I feel your pain if your a falcons fan. Maybe this years the year?!

Welcome from middle TN!! Used to live in Atlanta. I feel your pain if your a falcons fan. Maybe this years the year?!
Only a Falcons fan when they play the Patriots, Cheifs, Chargers, or Raiders! Lol big time bronco fan. Ever since the early 90s! Born in Colorado.

Back