• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to the Forum

DSmoak

Hey Saddle hunters,
I'm new to the site, and I really appreciate the grassroot community of saddle hunting. I currently live close to Ft Knox in central Kentucky. I've been using a DIY sit-drag rockbelt setup that I learned how to build from DIY sportsman's video. I used G2 outdoors videos to learn a lot about platforms and mods. I've used my saddle for a little over a year and have grown to love it. I am a tradbow guy, so I am used to doing things a little different than the masses. I look for function over frills. I hunt mainly public land and I like to hunt where others don't go. Saddle hunting has helped me do that. I have my wife bowhunting with me now and initially she wanted my tree stand and her harness, but after trying the saddle she made me order her a mantis. We now have two predator stands and a mantis on their way for this season. With a single set of 4 lone wolf sticks I can set both of us close to 30 feet in the air, and we each only carry less than 10 pounds of stand. That is awesome and I'm looking forward to that!!! I look forward to communicating with you all and hopefully we can share a campfire sometime at hunting camp!

Welcome. Are y’all hunting from the same tree?

Welcome and congratulations on getting the wife in a saddle! My wife will go with me in a ground blind, but a fear of heights keeps her firmly on the ground. (An occasional lack of coordination may have something to do with that, as well.) You're going to love the forum; there are some really amazing folks here. Enjoy, and good luck in the upcoming deer season!

Welcome to the site! My wife went Turkey hunting 20yrs ago with me & a sow & cubs walked in towards our dekes. Well that was the end of that, she’s never been back out.......I thought it was cool, she did not!

Welcome to the site. I've managed to hook my daughter on hunting but not the wife. She says hunting season is her "Quiet time":D.

Back