• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to this—Platform hanging tricks?

FreshTA

SH Member
New to saddle hunting. Looking for the easiest way to hang the platform. Watching THP episode with the Tetherd guys and they mention using the linesman rope as an aid to hold the platform while getting the strap around the tree, etc. anybody know what he means and/or have any advice?
Thanks

New to saddle hunting. Looking for the easiest way to hang the platform. Watching THP episode with the Tetherd guys and they mention using the linesman rope as an aid to hold the platform while getting the strap around the tree, etc. anybody know what he means and/or have any advice?
Thanks

Greg shows you how to do this with a gear tie.
I learned this from Greg and this is exactly how I hang mine each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How I do it.
For light stands like a Predator...
Climb to the top step and install my tether. Then step down one step (always on my left foot). Now I can rest the stand on my left knee. I toss the strap around the tree, then position the stand and tighten strap as I cam the stand. That top step remains in place and is also used as a secondary step for mobility around the tree.
For heavier, lok on style stands...
Screw a hanger, bolt, or step just above where the platform will go and leave a loop on the short tag end of the haul line. Pull the stand up and hang it from the hanger by the loop. Now you have both hands free to monkey with the stand.
But the key to any stand hanging is to ditch the LB and hang with with the tether...so much less fatigue.

Greg shows you how to do this with a gear tie.
I learned this from Greg and this is exactly how I hang mine each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is exactly what I do, and first learned of it from this video. I use rubber coated wire that’s pretty cheap at most sporting goods stores. HME and Summit both make them. Easy peazy

Back