• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to this a forum (Fayetteville, AR)

TrophyFishR

Hello all,

I’m new to saddle hunting. I hunt public land in the ozarks & a couple small private parcels. Last year was my best deer hunting season I’ve ever experienced. I found the need for deer stand mobility. Which led me down the saddle hunting rabbit hole. I’ve read 2 of John Eberharts books. This year I decided to take the plunge.

I have lots of questions regarding hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears that H2 saddles are the only manufactures with a quick turnaround?

Welcome from Michigan! Keep an eye out on the classified here for a saddle or go DIY!

Let’s say I order the H2 sling shot, I’m not sure about the leg strap model. Do I need that?
Also what else does a newbie need aside from steps?
What’s the best entry level platform?

Let’s say I order the H2 sling shot, I’m not sure about the leg strap model. Do I need that?
Also what else does a newbie need aside from steps?
What’s the best entry level platform?

I have the mantis and predator platform if you want to try it out.

Welcome from Massachusetts! Read the New Saddlehunter threads. Lots of info on what you need as far as gear. It's personal preference after that. The gold here is in the old threads, they'll teach you everything you need to know. Of course, don't hesitate to ask if you can't find something specific. The gear, the tactics, the mods, it's all a blast. Be safe.

Back