• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Tribe vs Ambush saddle

Brownie2111

Well, from my other post my ambush saddle is getting worn out. It has a few more season left in her but when the time comes. I'll have to find a replacement for her. So for the guys that have the New Tribe rigs, How do they compare to the ambush saddle. I've seen the videos on line for them just wanted some input from the guys that have a time in both rigs. And hear what you have to say about them. I love my saddle. I've sat all day dark to dark without a problem. Even took the occasional snooze in it. I have to admit last season I didn't break her out much, I was ground hunting most the year with a ghillie suit. And I have to say they are deadly if you watch your wind , I hunt with a Recurve so I want them close. I also treated the suits in Carbon Synergy , And that's stuff works great. I'm off subject again, Anyways just like to hear your guys pros/cons on the two set ups Thanks in advance.

Really good info on the suit. I've been thinking about getting one myself. Also have a saddle I been using. I have an aero hunter on the way. I'll let you know when it comes in how it compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had the trophy line saddle, but the new tribe was great, I just decided smaller was better and started moving in that direction. The aero was very comfy, but I couldn't keep it from falling down while walking and I didn't wanna carry it plus my other stuff.

i have tried both. I will say the TL is easier to use out of the box. I hated the aeros huge upper belt portion, so much that i got rid of it and just use the lower portion which i have highly modified. If you hunt the aero stock, the upper belt rides up, and is cumbersome... to me. So if it were me, and you like your ambush.. why change. If it were me, I would buy a small piece of trampoline mat or similar webbing fabric.. you can search on the threads here where others have made their own saddle and see what it looks like. Its like $12 for a yard... which is 4X more than you need. Your straps should be good for a lifetime. Find a local shoe repair place, and have them sew it on. I had a place near me sew my saddle new webbings and only cost me 20 min and $20.

I'm not planning on changing until I have too. I hope to ride it out as long as possible. I like the of trampoline material idea never thought of that, I've got an Amish fella up the road here that does stitch work. So might have to look into it when the time comes

I loved my tree saddle, I still have it, and I will never part with it. When I first got the aero hunter I hated it while I was practicing with it during summer. Then one day I hit the sweet spot for the adjustments and never looked back. The fact that the aero hunter is adjustable and the tree saddle is not makes the biggest difference. If you need to upgrade the aero hunter is a great option. You just have to put the time in to getting it dialed in. Sure lots of guys are happy with their lighter, custom saddles (myself included, I have both and am always experimenting), but if you are looking for a good safe commercial option, there is not a better one out there IMO.

Re: RE: Re: New Tribe vs Ambush saddle

redsquirrel said:
I loved my tree saddle, I still have it, and I will never part with it. When I first got the aero hunter I hated it while I was practicing with it during summer. Then one day I hit the sweet spot for the adjustments and never looked back. The fact that the aero hunter is adjustable and the tree saddle is not makes the biggest difference. If you need to upgrade the aero hunter is a great option. You just have to put the time in to getting it dialed in. Sure lots of guys are happy with their lighter, custom saddles (myself included, I have both and am always experimenting), but if you are looking for a good safe commercial option, there is not a better one out there IMO.
I'll agree with that. I couldn't have figured out exactly what I like (at least as much) without having used the aero. It is a great saddle. I just learned that I prefer smaller and lighter

I've had two different treesaddles and liked them both, but I don't think either were the right size. I spent some time in the Aero this morning and my suspicions about the saddle being the wrong size were confirmed. I could never twist and take off side shots with my saddle. In the aero, I'm able to twist for an off side shot much easier. I'm guessing because I can correctly adjust the aero to fit me just right.

Aero is awesome. I'm back in the saddle so to speak! Treestands be collecting dust again. :)

Re: RE: Re: New Tribe vs Ambush saddle

essdub said:
Never had the trophy line saddle, but the new tribe was great, I just decided smaller was better and started moving in that direction. The aero was very comfy, but I couldn't keep it from falling down while walking and I didn't wanna carry it plus my other stuff.
My thoughts as well. In addition, I wasn't a big fan of the paws on the new tribe.

MOBIGBUCKS said:
I've had two different treesaddles and liked them both, but I don't think either were the right size. I spent some time in the Aero this morning and my suspicions about the saddle being the wrong size were confirmed. I could never twist and take off side shots with my saddle. In the aero, I'm able to twist for an off side shot much easier. I'm guessing because I can correctly adjust the aero to fit me just right.

You're right about the sizing with Trophyline Treesaddles. I used to hunt out of a Small. Then I put on a [ahem] little weight and noticed a little less mobility. I had to get a Medium and all was well with the world again.

How does the New Tribe compare with the Trophyline as far as weight and size when packing down? I bought a Trophyline and didn't like wearing it in but it was fairly heavy and bulky when using a pack also. This was a big drawback for me.

Depending on the type of ambush saddle you had the Aerohunter is marginally more packable. I could barely fit my ambush saddle into a 2200 cu. in. daypack. If I have to pack my aerohunter in it fills up about 3/4 of the same pack. I generally will wear it in, or just strap it to my pack before walking in.

IMG_0140.JPG It packs much better than that if you try....

I roll mine up with 2 dump pouches, tree tether, large carabiner, ropeman and linesmans belt all attached and it fits into a stuffsack about 10"X11"x5". Smaller with compression straps.

I'm going to find a compression strap rig without a bag to keep it tidy in a pack

That bag weighs about 90oz (10 of that is the two dump pouches).

Considering it is an overbuilt safe saddle using climbing rated ropes carabiners and webbing for everything and the comfort level, that's not bad.

And tree mobility.....you can full on stand sideways like a ninja and shoot any where

Back