• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie from Bama

MrKillebrew

Hey y’all I am Newer hunter and brand new to saddle hunting. My goal is be saddle hunting next year. This year I am gathering Information and trying to figure the best set up for me. I am located in South Alabama and active duty in the military. I would love any help, tips, or advice that is available. The last time I had a successful hunting trip was about 4 years ago in Michigan were I am originally from but since then I haven’t been out much. I am excited to learn! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from North Alabama. I grew up in South Alabama hog hunting but never deer. I am a newbie saddle hunter myself. Lots of solid information on this forum and great folks to boot. Check out the saddle related threads for specifics or just post a question! Most of the time the question has already been answered and the fellers here are quick to point you to the appropriate resources. Happy Hunting!

So is it 'War Eagle' or 'Roll Tide'?

Welcome Aboard! My daughter is in school (and on the volleyball team) at Samford!

I don’t have a dog in the fight between the elephant or the eagle! I am a sucker for punishment.... Michigan state fan, Detroit lions/pistons/tigers/redwings

I don’t have a dog in the fight between the elephant or the eagle! I am a sucker for punishment.... Michigan state fan, Detroit lions/pistons/tigers/redwings

You yankees just don't get it...

Alabama (school) + Roll tide (saying) + Elephant (maskot)
Auburn (school) + War Eagle (saying) + Tiger (Maskot)
Georgia (school) + Go Dawgs (saying) + Bulldog (Maskot)

I'm biased because I went to Auburn. War Eagle, and Go Tigers!

No no I understand I have lived around here enough time that my oldest son says Roll Tide!! And my middle son is War Eagle!

Yankee!!! What!! I haven’t been in the North for 10 years!! I have either been on deployment or station in Florida area for about a decade!

Yankee!!! What!! I haven’t been in the North for 10 years!! I have either been on deployment or station in Florida area for about a decade!

I’m just teasing man. My mother’s side of the family is from Williamsport PA. Are stationed at EAFB?

Where do you live in South Alabama?

I’m just teasing man. My mother’s side of the family is from Williamsport PA. Are stationed at EAFB?

Where do you live in South Alabama?

No I know you were playing!! The first thing I learned about this area is that down here they don’t play at all about football! I am Baldwin county

No I know you were playing!! The first thing I learned about this area is that down here they don’t play at all about football! I am Baldwin county

I am stationed now at NAS Pensacola

Back