• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie from Minnesota checking in

Phantom

Hey everyone I am new! I am just getting into hunting and archery. I am late for this season but am preparing for 2018 already. This allows me to to learn, budget, and practice for a year so that I can be prepared and ethical next season's whitetail season.

I have purchased a sit drag and 4000lb mil spec tubular webbing to begin making a sit drag saddle system. I have also purchased a nice sight for my soon to be bow a spot hog 5 pin fast eddie. As far as bows I am going to see the 2018 offerings and if nothing seems like a major change I will prob be going with a Hoyt pro defiance that I shot at Schaffer.

Anyways I plan on using a RC harness/sit drag set-up. Using prusik knots to use for both the RC harness and sit drag on the tree anchor.

This is a great place for ideas and I appreciate being here. Any direction to high quality and safe sit drag tutorials would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

If you saw my video, you're off to a good start. The belt, molle loops, amsteel bridge, and lineman loop stitching are all mods I can't live without.

Have fun! If you have questions post them here. We're all eager to help our new victims...errrr converts. :)

Happy hanging!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Welcome to the site!!! This will become addictive for sure and its smart of you to budget and plan accordingly. Lol some of us have way too much money invested and I am one of the guilty ones haha!! Happy hunting and stay safe!

Another newbie from MN here. Second year hunting with a bow and first year in a saddle using a sit-drag with a rock climbing harness. Tons of valuable info here and appreciate all the great knowledge shared!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back