• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie Question re: Saddles and Anyone in NE Georgia?

Owl74

I've been soaking up all the great information here. When I look at the different saddles currently available, I don't understand how there can be a huge difference in comfort/usability among them vs. a DIY SitDrag. Is there a huge difference? Has anyone here done a DIY SitDrag and felt it was a waste of time and wished that you'd just bought one? I appreciate it. If there are any members in northeast Georgia, I'd be eternally in your debt if I could try a saddle or two to see if this is for me. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm in East GA and have all intentions on having a set up before next season. I'd love to find someway to test some out before I buy.

SaddlePalooza. Fort Stewart GA the weekend of Feb 15... better contact @g2outdoors super quick though because it’s getting down to the wire and he has to plan for food and such.

Any saddle hunting gear you can think of will be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard all about last year's event on the podcast and I would love to attend, unfortunately my work schedule won't allow it this year.

Back