• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie Questions

Tim Tripoli

Dec 20, 2016
Looking for advice. I am new to saddle hunting and I purchased a Guido's Web. I am playing with the stock tether and bridge along with one I made up using Climbing rope, a Ropeman one and a climbing sling 18mm from Black Diamond as the bridge. I like the rope version much better then the stock, but I am not understand how to get the movement. It pivots ok but I can only get about 90 degrees around the tree to either side without the need to move the tether. Is that normal? Also how do you adjust the ropeman one up higher? Seems like you need to stand up grab below the ropeman with one hand and slide it up with the other. I am sure that is correct was just wandering if there is an easier way I am missing?

It also seems very awkward using the linesman belt while setting sticks. Any tips or suggestion for carry the additional sticks up the tree while getting to height.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
The web can be awkward to use IMO. The lineman's belt loops are in a weird spot so a lot of guys are using a separate lineman's belt to attach to.

Pivoting around only 90 degrees: Sounds like you need to move where your tether attaches to the tree up higher to give yourself more rope between the tree and your hookup. This will allow you to move further.

To adjust the ropeman up higher all you should have to do is to pull the slack end of the rope (the bottom) up. Pulling it up will open the ropeman and allow it to slide further up the rope. I bring it lower you need to manual open the ropeman mechanism by hand.

Reactions: HardBall

DaveH

Aug 2, 2017
Illinois
It also seems very awkward using the linesman belt while setting sticks. Any tips or suggestion for carry the additional sticks up the tree while getting to height.

You can use simple loops made of paracord, one attached on each side of your web, to carry your extra sticks up the tree with you. Doing so will enable you to get setup with only one trip up the tree. Then, use your tow rope/strap to bring your bow and pack up once your web and foot rests are tied off and secure.

Tim Tripoli

Dec 20, 2016
You can use simple loops made of paracord, one attached on each side of your web, to carry your extra sticks up the tree with you. Doing so will enable you to get setup with only one trip up the tree. Then, use your tow rope/strap to bring your bow and pack up once your web and foot rests are tied off and secure.

Suggestions for where to tie these loops? I was looking at the last night was not sure where to put them.

Thanks

Tim