• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie saddle hunter

Cass Via

I’m new into saddle hunting and was wonder what were some good knee pads to use? Or any other alternatives to knee pads? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new also, so there may be a reason why this doesn't work that I just havent uncovered yet while practicing. But......I took a garden kneeling pad and modified it a bit. One side had a handle, on the other side I made a hole and fitted it with a grommet. Just used some webbing and ran it through a cheap plastic buckle.

It's one extra thing to carry, but it seems to do the trick so far.

Anyone try this, and determine it's not a good option?

I'm new also, so there may be a reason why this doesn't work that I just havent uncovered yet while practicing. But......I took a garden kneeling pad and modified it a bit. One side had a handle, on the other side I made a hole and fitted it with a grommet. Just used some webbing and ran it through a cheap plastic buckle.

Those work well so do loc in seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah @flinginairos uses an xop seat strapped to the tree. I used a few things last season & settled on arcteryx this offseason & waited for a good deal keep your eyes peeled. Someone will post a link on here when they’re on sale......

Logged on to ask this very question. Been looking for deals on the ArcTeryx without luck. I'm sure it's been discussed before, but how well do the built in kneepads in some of the high end pants like Sitka Mountain pants or Kuiu Alpine pants work for this application?

Logged on to ask this very question. Been looking for deals on the ArcTeryx without luck. I'm sure it's been discussed before, but how well do the built in kneepads in some of the high end pants like Sitka Mountain pants or Kuiu Alpine pants work for this application?
I asked bordeaux about integrating pads in all my pants. He said the knees in the pants will quickly wear holes in them so I guess padded pants will work to cushion the knees, but its hard on the pants.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I asked bordeaux about integrating pads in all my pants. He said the knees in the pants will quickly wear holes in them so I guess padded pants will work to cushion the knees, but its hard on the pants.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That makes perfect sense. I have the Sitka Mountain Pants already, and can absolutely see that being the case. Plus, the pads are not very substantial. Thanks

Back