• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie to saddle hunting and forum

DeerslayinSOB

Hey y'all!!! I have taken the plunge and going start saddle hunting. I did a lot of reading on saddles and honestly really wished I came here first. I purchased a Trophyline Ambush Pro kit and platform from them also. I have been reading that more people tend to like the Amsteel bridge over the web bridge. I haven't actually received my saddle yet so I do not know what expect. I also went with Muddy Pro sticks and a 2 step Backwoods Aider.

I am not intending on hunting in it this year unless I really pick up on properly using it and also climbing with an aider. I have seen many videos and these people make it look so easy!! Is it really that easy?! LOL

If I do not care for the web bridge on the saddle can I convert it to an Amsteel bridge? Sorry if this is an absolute stupid question, but as I said I am totally new to this whole saddle hunting thing.

Also is there anything else I should be looking into getting to complete the set up?

Thank you in advance
DS

Back