• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nice distel hitch tender use instead of ropeman for tether

HokeyMike

I use a distel hitch with a tender. I was using a micro pulling until I saw this from forum member Aksisu11. He makes them with 3D printer. Works great for one hand operation. Temps in low 30s no problem
e1afc32f2d09a0f114d6bc8357de377a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen a couple post, how does this work?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm running the straight ones with schwebash hitches and I couldn't be happier. I also have a few J-cline tenders and they work at about the same rate. I'm happy with either.

I use a distel hitch with a tender. I was using a micro pulling until I saw this from forum member Aksisu11. He makes them with 3D printer. Works great for one hand operation. Temps in low 30s no problem

I've read a lot of threads about using a distel or schwabisch hitch instead of a prusik. Is it because they won't bind as a prusik does after you release the strain and try to adjust? I've found out that it's quicker if I redress the knot to make it work each time. I haven't tried it yet. I've always thought the prusik was the best and safest knot to use. After hunting I'll change my prusik to a distel and try it. Of course close to ground!

I've read a lot of threads about using a distel or schwabisch hitch instead of a prusik. Is it because they won't bind as a prusik does after you release the strain and try to adjust? I've found out that it's quicker if I redress the knot to make it work each time. I haven't tried it yet. I've always thought the prusik was the best and safest knot to use. After hunting I'll change my prusik to a distel and try it. Of course close to ground!
Distel releases much easier and is somewhat pickier on rope/cord combo. It's also directional (zero grip "backwards". and it locks less firmly (so you can maybe be sitting closer to the slippage boundary than with a prusik). So prusik is "safer" but distel is "safe as long as you qualify your combo and know your gear". Tie it, make sure you know if it slips when loaded both slowly and quickly - and always have a stopper knot.

Distel releases much easier and is somewhat pickier on rope/cord combo. It's also directional (zero grip "backwards". and it locks less firmly (so you can maybe be sitting closer to the slippage boundary than with a prusik). So prusik is "safer" but distel is "safe as long as you qualify your combo and know your gear". Tie it, make sure you know if it slips when loaded both slowly and quickly - and always have a stopper knot.
Thank you - I'll try it after hunting. I know the prusik works but it's inconvenient to have redress to make changes.

Didn’t see this till now! Thanks man, I’m glad it’s working great for you.

Back