• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nice rack but needs another year

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
Not a trail cam pic, its a screen shot from a video.
Nice little rack. I like the way the beam tips cross. He also has a split right brow.
Pretty sure he is a 3 year old. Might be in the low teens.
BTW, I just got a decent deal on a used tripod for taking videos. I got a Pearstone VT-2100 fluid head video tripod yesterday morning off CL $50. I took this vid 7 hours later. That's a pretty nice tripod for the price. I recommend it...so far.
d1f08704c620ce5b639128180f9cbade.jpg
3f880e4234fbad6b318b5e2872342f09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not a trail cam pic, its a screen shot from a video.
Nice little rack. I like the way the beam tips cross. He also has a split right brow.
Pretty sure he is a 3 year old. Might be in the low teens.
d1f08704c620ce5b639128180f9cbade.jpg
3f880e4234fbad6b318b5e2872342f09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Nice 2yr old....should protect him if you can for another yr...skinny neck, not big in the shoulders either which indicates young deer...

Nice 2yr old....should protect him if you can for another yr...skinny neck, not big in the shoulders either which indicates young deer...
He could be only 2, but based on other known bucks in the neighborhood, I'm leaning towards 3. I've been familiar with our local herd for over 30 years and it's been common here to underestimate the age by a year or so.
Body wise, that buck will look like a different critter by late October.
Regardless though, he definitely needs another year, 2 years would be even better!

Last edited:
He could be only 2, but based on other known bucks in the neighborhood, I'm leaning towards 3. I've been familiar with our local herd for over 30 years and it's been common here to underestimate the age by a year or so.
That buck will look like a different critter by late October.
Regardless though, he definitely needs another year, 2 years would be even better!
I am not trying to debate or anything but I would say 3 also based on chest and belly girth...either way cool deer with an awesome make up and will be a stud in a year or 2!

Back