• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No Curmudgeons, No Confessions, Just Good Vibes

TreeMunkie

SH Member
Welcome to Catharsis Week here at SaddleHunter.

Since KX3 started us off with the Airing of Grievances and TethrdBuster followed with the Saddle Hunter’s No Shame Confessional I thought we should round things out with Thanksgiving. We live in historically excellent times no matter what anyone tries to sell you. Let’s be thankful for what we have.

I am thankful to live in a country where there are vast amounts of free public hunting available to everyone.

I love first deer photos. Not everyone one is going to shoot a “book buck” but most of us are going to get to experience that first thrill of finding the deer we shot. Love the smiles in these. Deer size or gender could not mean less.

I am thankful for SH.com. I have learned so much and been entertained. I love that Y’alls, and Yins, and You’ins, and You Guys can all share ideas, jokes, and knowledge in a well-moderated forum. Love the respect and thoughtfulness.

I am thankful that hunting is a sport where you can do what you dig. Nobody gets to tell you what to hunt with, where to hunt, or what to shoot. You get to do what makes you happy and brings you satisfaction.

I love Friday Night Classics. Always get something new that’s cool or a reminder of something I forgot.

I am thankful for my wife who has always encouraged me to get out and hunt even if she has no interest in it at all.

jamie

I second the first deer posts here. That stuff is thoroughly satisfying.

I love my new nickname. I feel I've earned it.

I love the bruises on my sneech shoulder from sending 20 from the .444 handi rifle yesterday.

I love the sound a well placed arrow makes, and the times a deer never attempts to flag - they know they're dead from the moment of impact.

I love that I've hunted with a platform maybe 3-4 hunts in the last 4 seasons, and I've bought an assassin three times, and sold two in that time period.

On that note, I love squirrel steps.

I love slow cooking meat.

I love a girl named Lara I met in Barcelona.

I love deer's reaction to an ebike going 30mph towards them on a trail without making any sound. It reminds me of the reaction of deer when they used to see the golf cart coming at them 20mph without any sound...very, very confused.

I love opening my deep freezer and seeing entire skin on deer quarters in there.

I love that my family and friends are all in reasonably good circumstances in life.

I love well fitting boots, and I get a big smile every time I strap them on to head off into wild places.

Back