• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No gaffs!

rnomad

Found this video of a guy as accending a pole you could use just a pc of rope.

Also found this pretty similar. I've been thinking about doing some public land hunting with the evo. I use spikes and mostly private land and use two to three screw in steps after I spike to my desired spot! Just checking things out I may go buy one stick idk!

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 44
Look at my thread on no stick climbing with an Aider. Same technique but easier and more advancement with each move.

I use a ropeman instead of a grigri

I'd have to recommend not using a carabiner for that though, Side loading them is not a good idea, I'd use a Petzl Delta link for that instead!

No thanks. It would take forever to climb and looks a good bit harder than the one stick method. I can't see that working for a bigger tree either. I'll stick to my spikes and one stick method when needed lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is being careful about the direction of the carabiner.
Side loading is bad and shouldn't be done. But honestly with the loads we are putting on it, you aren't likely to have a problem with a LOCKED carabiner.

I've thought about picking an aluminum screw link for this purpose.
Using that instead of our regular girth Hitch makes it easier to move the rope up as you go.

But it falls easier when unloaded

I posted this on my thread here: http://www.saddlehunter.com/communi...no-stick-climbing-with-aider.1952/#post-24276

I got my tether set at 23' in about 6 minutes. The aider and tether setup are maybe 1.5# and fits in a small pouch.

You just need the right aider and technique. And I don't climb trees I can't easily reach my arms around

That's not bad at all. Just takes practice and the right gear. Be handy for hunts WAY back in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back