• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No hunting gear!....

Oldnotdead

So my Birthday is in 2 weeks. The kids have been asking what I want. I finally told them, RM1, the c!imbing stick, gift certificates. " No! We won't buy you any more hunting stuff!
Why even ask then? LOL I don't want or need clothes , never ever carried a purse, I could care less about shoes other than work,hiking or hunting. Hobbies are gardening ,building and kayaking..good there.
Maybe I can get one of them to buy me another Dunstan Chestnut, or my favorite wine.

Tell them, “I didn’t realize my birthday was about what you wanted.” No but seriously ask for a tree saw or something that can be disguised as a gardening tool is probably your best bet.

Too late son got me a top notch extending pruning saw limb trimmer 2 yrs ago. I have a nice folding limb saw.
hubby said just get what you want ,it's not like we don't have the money. I'm thinking that's the route, I just hate spending money. Most stuff I get on points.
BTW ... You guys stop buying the RM1! I cant find one anywhere:angry:;)

Tell them, “I didn’t realize my birthday was about what you wanted.” No but seriously ask for a tree saw or something that can be disguised as a gardening tool is probably your best bet.
Lol that's how I got my pruners !

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I always need a new purse

Ask for a gas gift card... free travel... to hunt :D

Honestly I would be pissed and just tell them not to bother getting me anything.

i can't do that, I get it, Moms getting older and well they grew up with my accidents, animal encounters ect,ect. They remember their grams at my age,a woman that weeding her flower bed was a big out door activity. I hunt alone, always have, it drives them crazy when I head out at midnight to track and drag a deer out.Get up at 4am and head to the woods in the dark. Last year While working I literally walked into a blk. Bear. I'm a grams now,to them I should be slowing down not gearing up.
BTW the climbing stick is on it's way...used my points...lol
Ps..hubby bought me a Gator for our 35 anniversery, after a torn meniscus operation on my rt knee , then a complete ACL tear on the lft. I still walk to hunt. The Gator is great for easy access deer pickups, and plot work though.

Last edited:
i can't do that, I get it, Moms getting older and well they grew up with my accidents, animal encounters ect,ect. They remember their grams at my age,a woman that weeding her flower bed was a big out door activity. I hunt alone, always have, it drives them crazy when I head out at midnight to track and drag a deer out.Get up at 4am and head to the woods in the dark. Last year While working I literally walked into a blk. Bear. I'm a grams now,to them I should be slowing down not gearing up.
BTW the climbing stick is on it's way...used my points...lol
Ps..hubby bought me a Gator for our 35 anniversery, after a torn meniscus operation on my rt knee , then a complete ACL tear on the lft. I still walk to hunt. The Gator is great for easy access deer pickups, and plot work though.

I walked within 10ft of a black bear a few years back in the dark going to my stand. I had no idea he was there until he jumped up. We were both surprised! That will get your blood pumping for sure!

So my Birthday is in 2 weeks. The kids have been asking what I want. I finally told them, RM1, the c!imbing stick, gift certificates. " No! We won't buy you any more hunting stuff!
Why even ask then? LOL I don't want or need clothes , never ever carried a purse, I could care less about shoes other than work,hiking or hunting. Hobbies are gardening ,building and kayaking..good there.
Maybe I can get one of them to buy me another Dunstan Chestnut, or my favorite wine.
Are you sure they are really your kids? Just kidding!

Lol...ya they both hunt. I taught them to bow hunt and both have taken deer, daughter a nice 8pt. Son a few doe.
I have grapes but would do better with blueberry or mulberry wine. Hundreds of pounds from them. I also have a lot of chestnuts. Last year they were just loaded. I have a few in frig, but I'm thinking they may be duds. I'll try again this fall with a lot more.

I walked within 10ft of a black bear a few years back in the dark going to my stand. I had no idea he was there until he jumped up. We were both surprised! That will get your blood pumping for sure!

Ya the heart was pumping! I had been working cutting up a tree top I had cut down. Loud ,smelly from the saw,and talking to my self. I turned and started up a path past the Gator to do other cutting. I was looking down due to past root trips. When I looked up there he sat directly in front of me just a couple of yards, looking at me. Close enough to see the flies on his snout. We just stared at each other a few seconds until my brain kicked in on what to do. Which was make a dash for the Gator. After starting the engine he just turned and walked away crossing the road. He had been behind me in the brush watching me.

Last edited:
Well hubby came through and along with a few other great gifts he got me 2 miss perfect hen decoys.. They are really nice and will work great with my home made strutting jake and bobbin head feeding hen.
Other gift t me today, my life. Avoided a head on collision the truck fully in my lane on a curve I saw just the top of cab and angle didn't look right so I braked and started to side of road. He hit the curve and yanked the wheel with both hands. The truck tipped up enough to take front tire off road and he missed me by about a foot. Only reaction I could muster at that point was to scream whoa and tighten up so hard I think I pulled a muscle in my back. So God managed another birth date for me today , the guy was doing 50-60 mph.

Back