• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No longer an open forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrels

It appears that the bias and/or anti-bias has taken over around here. Sort of childish if you ask me, which nobody did but I’ve paid my $15 so I’m gonna say it.

Threads getting deleted and such for supposedly breaking rules. Apparently the rules only apply to certain people/groups.

I don't like any censoring but I'm just a guest here..... Doesn't make sense to me why the tethered stick thread is any different then the out on a limb stick and treehopper thread.

Threads getting deleted and such for supposedly breaking rules. Apparently the rules only apply to certain people/groups.

Guess I missed something while in my self induced turkey coma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't going to pursue anything with them sticks, but it's cool seeing other people's ideas. And their ideas can spark other ideas. Sucks that thread is gone now

Guess I missed something while in my self induced turkey coma.

Me too

I’m clueless

Been stuck at Disney with family that surprised by flying into town and kept me from hunting

I don't like any censoring but I'm just a guest here..... Doesn't make sense to me why the tethered stick thread is any different then the out on a limb stick and treehopper thread.

My point exactly but apparently the people in charge disagree with you and I.

A guy posted about some sticks that he and his company were working on and asked for some feedback. It got deleted because of WHO it was. Not what it was about, as there have been other threads related to other things that get a free pass.

hmmm...I didn't know that.

The issue is that it's the OWNER of Tethrd (or an employee or company representative) posting advance product marketing type issues that could be seen as hyping a product. This is a clear violation of the site rules. It is not censorship of any company in particular.

So if I posted the info there would be no rules violation?? It’s great that a manufacturer can ask for feedback on a product design from the people who will actually use it....

The issue is that it's the OWNER of Tethrd (or an employee or company representative) posting advance product marketing type issues that could be seen as hyping a product. This is a clear violation of the site rules. It is not censorship of any company in particular.

So why do other companies get away with it?

Greg was just looking for some feedback on this stick design and it got deleted
148ee4a2456398d54f710c1a7ddd3037.jpg

0ee8cc76e04af26cfed593253a53c901.jpg

That is not completely true. This was a product announcement by the owner of Tethrd. The thread was titled "New climbing sticks from Tethrd". This clearly violates our vendor rules. I pretty much ask for 2 things around here. 1. I ask for people to behave. 2. I ask vendors to not take advantage of this place and follow the vendor rules. This site is for hunters to discuss products and gear, etc, not for vendors to promote them.
48699ac16ad6cdbf0de85abe9997f8b6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back