• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No Moving Stands Anymore

I was getting breakfast at my local diner this morning and noticed 2 guys pull up with a ladder stand on the back. My first thought was thank God I don’t need to do that anymore. Mostly hunted mobile with a climber but sometimes used presets on our private land. While making small talk they asked if I was moving stands too. I said, “Nope, my spots are all prepped.” I have told most of my friends and hunting buddies I hunt from a saddle but haven’t converted anyone yet. Is it selfish of me to kinda hope not too many locals discover saddles so they’re less likely to wind up in my public land spots way back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The three people I have told that I saddle hunt all have went in on a speel about how saddles funnel the wind and yadda yadda yadda. I just chuckle and thank them for the advice and tell them I will find a new way to hunt.

I haven’t been able to convert anyone, buddy’s still hunting squeaky big game hang on pre sets and $50 single man ladder stands.. I got
Rid of every ladder stand I had except three comfy ones in great doe killer field spots for my kids, dad, and wife

The three people I have told that I saddle hunt all have went in on a speel about how saddles funnel the wind and yadda yadda yadda. I just chuckle and thank them for the advice and tell them I will find a new way to hunt.

Funnel the wind. What??? Never heard of this witchcraft!!

I have not converted anyone and no one believes it is a safer way to hunt. I have even shown friends that even while upside down I am unable to fall out.

I have one cousin that may convert but he doesn't do much bow hunting and has a ladder stand for gun season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I was getting breakfast at my local diner this morning and noticed 2 guys pull up with a ladder stand on the back. My first thought was thank God I don’t need to do that anymore. Mostly hunted mobile with a climber but sometimes used presets on our private land. While making small talk they asked if I was moving stands too. I said, “Nope, my spots are all prepped.” I have told most of my friends and hunting buddies I hunt from a saddle but haven’t converted anyone yet. Is it selfish of me to kinda hope not too many locals discover saddles so they’re less likely to wind up in my public land spots way back in?

It's ok to be selfish.

I tell everyone about saddle hunting. Most are fixed in their style of hunting and aren’t interested. The few that have started were already interested, they just needed to see it first hand.

Hey, Deltahuntr. Got any big shooters targeted this season? Got 2 more weeks here.

Heck to the no. I don't get the evangelism unless you have skin in the game invested in a business. I'm like you having embraced the public struggle my whole hunting life, the last thing I want is all the other hunters to stop bumbling around and actually hunting effectively. I cringe the ways I've been hunting for 20 years are blowing up in trendiness. I hope I don't start to see the effect and I'm just being paranoid.

I was in ****s sporting goods yesterday getting some broadheads there were two guys buying a ladder stand I over heard them talking (hey have you heard about saddle hunting )

@Bowhunter05, my archery tech, and @kbetts are the only three people in DE that I know use a saddle. I’m sure there are others, but I ain’t preaching if they ain’t heard the good news. The Summit Viper is the most popular hunting equipment I have seen on our public land. You know what I say when I see those?
Me: “Great treestand! Sold mine a few years ago, wish I hadn’t. Good luck today, if you need help dragging a deer you won’t know where to find me”...I’ll follow my ears to you.

Last edited:
Hey, Deltahuntr. Got any big shooters targeted this season? Got 2 more weeks here.
Hello buckeye bow hunter. I have been lacking on the pre season deer scouting this season bad! Denots actually went and cut the grass at my camp Lol. Last year was a poor season for me I hunted all but 2 weekends, most of those Fri-Sun. Looked at a lot of young bucks and passed a few that would have made the cut at our club but weren’t what I wanted. I passed the buck in pic twice. Settled on one older cull buck and started fishing offshore after season. I fished all but 2 weekends from April until I got sick the 2nd week in August. I am going to try to get up there this weekend to put some cameras out and check a camera on the protein feed trough. Have you located any good bucks?

Sent from my iPhone using]0C6A02FE-ED89-489B-A727-AAB1E15A3C19.jpeg070E217F-42A6-4230-9933-4758E58580E3.png

I had a post awhile back discussing how my wife asked if i was going to start riding the deer now! I just told her, "yes, i needed more of a challenge!" :tearsofjoy:
I have also brought up saddle's to some guys and they have not even heard of them. I converted my cousin to one and he converted a friend of his...It will be interesting to see how this season goes after the big boom this year.

Back