• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nock 2 It

Davis21

Anyone else that shoots this release have a loud click when you fire? Seems kinda loud for a cold November morning

I had one a year or two ago and thought the same thing. Folks swore it was less audible than the bow firing, which is probably true, but it was a big turn-off for me.

Its really hard to take reviews serious from any of the Nock on stuff. Just to many quiver sniffers with the Nock on nation. John puts out really good information on shooting and tuning but how do you trust a man that swears by Hex. I mean people are buying up everything he endorses. Puts out a video on why people should do their own arrow work and now he sells arrows custom fletched for $320 a dozen......WHAT!!!!! and people buy them. His information is great for archers but he is the biggest money grabber in the industry and people are eating it up. Sorry for the rant. hahahaha nothing to do with your release.

Its really hard to take reviews serious from any of the Nock on stuff. Just to many quiver sniffers with the Nock on nation. John puts out really good information on shooting and tuning but how do you trust a man that swears by Hex. I mean people are buying up everything he endorses. Puts out a video on why people should do their own arrow work and now he sells arrows custom fletched for $320 a dozen......WHAT!!!!! and people buy them. His information is great for archers but he is the biggest money grabber in the industry and people are eating it up. Sorry for the rant. hahahaha nothing to do with your release.

Haha I actually agree. Dude is skilled archer, excellent teacher and eager to share and teach seems like. But he may be a better marketer than anything! I can’t drink the cool aid and go all in on the nation. I was just looking for my first thumb release and just went that route because I watched a ton of his school of nock videos. But hey props to em, his brand is blowing up and dude is making bank off it.

Haha I actually agree. Dude is skilled archer, excellent teacher and eager to share and teach seems like. But he may be a better marketer than anything! I can’t drink the cool aid and go all in on the nation. I was just looking for my first thumb release and just went that route because I watched a ton of his school of nock videos. But hey props to em, his brand is blowing up and dude is making bank off it.
It has to be a great release because it is made by Carter but I have also heard people complain about the noise before and the nation chimes in with theirs is whisper quiet. Don't get me wrong he endorses alot of great products but every video he is pimping half a dozen products and it just has started getting old. He just puts out such great tuning and shooting information that I just gloss over the product placement now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have one and love it. Very good clean break and comfortable to me. However, the audible ”click” is a lot louder than the one on my truball T. rex. Really is a quality release though

I had to verify the price on his arrows. Wow, and the price of his releases increased. I have a Silverback but not sure that I'd use it for more than practicing in the backyard. It can be kind of frustrating to use so I don't think I'd trust myself using it in a hunting situation. Also not sure if I'm big on just drawing with two fingers. Buy my wife got it for me for Christmas, so I almost feel obligated to give it a fair shake ha. Dudley seems like a good dude but a lot of the stuff he pushes is not in my budget.

I thought the same thing about the click, but the pile of deer I've killed with it didn't seem to care. I feel like mines gotten a little quieter after shooting it for years. Dudley's constant product pushing turned me off from listening to his podcast. I have a buddy that's full "nock on nation" and buys everything Dudley endorses. My buddy doesn't scout other than sticking a camera over his corn pile, and has never shot a deer that wasn't standing over said corn pile, but hey, he can shoot the eyes out of a squirrel at 50 yards. Dudley may be a money grabber, but there's no denying he's one of the best compound archery coaches in the world, and he's put out more free archery information than anyone. If you have a nock 2 it or silverback and haven't already, you owe it to yourself to go through the school of nock series on YouTube. Don't binge watch them and try to apply everything all at once. It's meant to be completed over several months. Watch episode 1, shoot for a week, watch episode 2, shoot for a week etc. Probably not ideal to start now this close to season.

On a side note, I picked up one of the "all new" nock 2 it's without the trigger travel adjustment to have as a back up. I feel like every once in a while I feel just a hair of travel in the trigger before the shot breaks. Never get that with my older one. Anyone else that has the newer version notice this?

Back