• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

nockturnal issue

Dmathews87

shot a deer this past weekend and my nockturnal didnt turn on...got around today to shooting my other arrows with them and another did the same thing. I can manually turn them on\off with the little tool...anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
I gave up on Luminok and went to the Amazon el cheap green ones. They are so bright and turn off w/your fingernail. Always fire properly and the easiest I've ever tried to turn off. Also had Luminoks turn off after getting blood in the space between the nock and shaft.

I gave up on Luminok and went to the Amazon el cheap green ones. They are so bright and turn off w/your fingernail. Always fire properly and the easiest I've ever tried to turn off. Also had Luminoks turn off after getting blood in the space between the nock and shaft.

realized they are actually nockturnals so i edited the thread..good to know the amazon cheapos work though

realized they are actually nockturnals so i edited the thread..good to know the amazon cheapos work though
I've used Nockturnals and Luminoks and these China Imports are the best. IMO. I think they were 6 for less than $20. I don't like to support the foreign economy, But....

I just had the same issue with the Halo nocks from double take. So bizarre how some just choose to hate us at the worst times. I sent six red back to them and they are sending me two replacements for the ones that broke.

I’ve had problems with them and the luminok breaking. My brother hasn’t had any break but he is hit or miss with the name brand ones working when they are supposed to.

Had a nocturnal not light last weekend on a doe. They turned on with the switch when I installed em a few days before. When I got my arrow after the shot, it wouldn't even turn on manually with the switch? I dunno

shot a deer this past weekend and my nockturnal didnt turn on...got around today to shooting my other arrows with them and another did the same thing. I can manually turn them on\off with the little tool...anyone else experience this?
I haven’t had the issue with them not coming on but I do have an issue with the GT insert on the Gold tips not fitting tight enough and the whole Nock coming out when I shoot!:rage:

Had a nocturnal not light last weekend on a doe. They turned on with the switch when I installed em a few days before. When I got my arrow after the shot, it wouldn't even turn on manually with the switch? I dunno
I always blamed it on fluid between the nock and shaft. They would go out after passing thru a critter

Back