• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Noisey Muddy pro sticks

bow shot

I grabbed a used set. Really like them, but they make a creaking/squeaking racket when you step on them. Any of the brethren here have a similar experience/solution? thankfully, I bought them just to get an extra stick or two... I have a new 4-pack that is fine.

It seems "obvious" that is emminates from the step assemblies, not the cleats. I can isolate which sticks, which steps.

thanks folks!

I would think you could wax the ones that are making noise and stop it. I've never seen a set of muddy's in person though.

Wax doesn't hold scent as much as grease does. I had to loosen mine, clean the dirt out & then re tighten them and that made them quite again

I just got 1 Muddy Pro and the bottom steps wobble side to side a little bit when I transfer weight from one to the other. Not a big deal but a little unnerving. Top step doesn't do that.

Is this just a matter of tightening the bolts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I grabbed a used set. Really like them, but they make a creaking/squeaking racket when you step on them. Any of the brethren here have a similar experience/solution? thankfully, I bought them just to get an extra stick or two... I have a new 4-pack that is fine.

It seems "obvious" that is emminates from the step assemblies, not the cleats. I can isolate which sticks, which steps.

thanks folks!
If the squeaking sound is coming from where the teeth touch the tree then you will neeed to sand/file the paint off where it contacts the tree. I had to do that to mine when I bought them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I just got 1 Muddy Pro and the bottom steps wobble side to side a little bit when I transfer weight from one to the other. Not a big deal but a little unnerving. Top step doesn't do that.

Yes. I have actually tightened mine to the point I cannot fold them up.

Mine don't do that... not that I've noticed so far anyway..but I have the step assemblies tightened to the point that the upright is crushing a tad. Like Live2huntt, I just leave 'em open. To me, closing them doen't really do much for packing, and I'd rather just hang 'em as they are, open.

If the squeaking sound is coming from where the teeth touch the tree then you will neeed to sand/file the paint off where it contacts the tree. I had to do that to mine when I bought them.

Ha! good call.. I'll do some troubleshooting this weekend, thanks for the tip.

Back