• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Noisy rock climbing harness

Babshaft

Good day gents,

Firstly, thanks for such an awesome community and all the helpful information to get a guy in the saddle. I'm new to saddle hunting and just hopped into it a month ago. It got me my first opportunity at buck in a very long time. I couldn't be happier!

I'm using a rock climbing harness and a sit drag as my setup. I've been packing it all in because my harness (Black diamond momentum) makes a ton of noise if I wear it and walk in it. The leg straps rub together and it makes a sound almost like a zipper being done up.

Anyone else have this issue or a possible solution for me? The harness takes up a lot of room in my pack and I'd like to be a little more mobile.

Cheers,

Not sure on how your straps are made, but maybe you could wrap the place that rubs with moleskin or stealth strip material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on how your straps are made, but maybe you could wrap the place that rubs with moleskin or stealth strip material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea! I might just try hockey tape first to see if it makes a difference.

I’m starting to think the actual solution is to just get a better pack and keep carrying it in. It makes me less mobile and adds more setup time and movement at the tree, but at least it’s quiet.

And thanks for letting me in Red!

Back