• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nomad/Habit??

Nchunter1989

SH Member
Sep 16, 2019
Lillington,NC
Anyone use Nomad or Habit hunting clothing?? I picked up a Habit 1/4 fleece pullover a few months ago & was impressed with it for the cool mornings we have in the South.. I know Nomad has been known more for their turkey gear, but they apparently are bringing out a wool blend line. Both are cheaper than Skre/Sitka/First Lite, but is this a case of “get what you pay for”?

I’m starting to go down the technical hunting clothing,light/packable rabbit hole, just looking for a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TNbowhunter

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Middle Tennessee
I’ve bought thousands of dollars (at half price, mind you) of Nomad stuff, and I disliked the VAST majority of it. Most of it was cheaply made and/or didn’t fit well (I’m 6’3, 165 lbs.). BUT, their late season whitetail jacket is one of my absolute favorite pieces of hunting clothing I own. It’s super warm, comfortable, and well designed, and on sale, it cost half of what a Sitka/First Lite jacket would cost. So, my opinion of their gear is that it’s boom or bust. Get your hands on it and check it out; don’t be surprised if one piece blows you away and the next piece just blows.

Exhumis

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Northern Virginia
I’ve used both Nomad and Habit. For Nomad my exp was the same as @TNbowhunter. Had a hoodie that was awesome and fit perfect and a jacket that had pulls and different sizes sleeves. I’ve had a couple pieces of habit clothing and it wasn’t bad for bargain clothing. Had a windproof early season jacket that was actually pretty good.

Diesel40

Dec 7, 2018
Southwest Illinois
I have had a habit jacket for while now, I really like it. I think it is a soft shell type. Blocks the wind really well. Fits nice and is comfortable, but the material is not the quietest. Never tried nomad before