• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Non-invasive mod to the Mission platform

Westdesign03

SH Member
For you Mission guys out there, maybe you’ve already seen this, but YouTube showed me what I think is an awesome and cheap mod for the Mission that turns it into an awesome backpack for hiking in with that turns the bump on the bottom into a non issue. Thick foam seat pad cut out to fit the bump into. Slap some pack straps on and you’re ready to go.
26c6c350e24067e84bfd91acabaafbae.jpg

d539d0b7d2d6ef8d3bc70b84bbd8c930.jpg

157e675a4d15df1968259b406be97a98.jpg

6f0baeb9005cf464cef047948609aa2e.jpg

16c85f731e87f5c3da52a3562580dc6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does the rest of your stuff go?

The rest of my stuff like the straps and ropes will go in a Fanny pack or maybe a little bigger lumbar style pack. Won’t be trying to impress anyone with my stylish fanny pack in the woods :)

The rest of my stuff like the straps and ropes will go in a Fanny pack or maybe a little bigger lumbar style pack. Won’t be trying to impress anyone with my stylish fanny pack in the woods :)

Basically what I plan doing after Santa drops mine off. Stand and sticks up high and something down low if needed. Other wise it will go in a chest rig.

Sweatshirt, layers, or jacket stuffs nicely between the sticks. Small items in a fanny. A shoulder strapped lumbar would hold more and be perfect as it will take some of the weight of the platform/sticks. Lash bibs to the bottom of such for cold weather hunts.

Great system to be both roomy/comfy and minimalist simultaneously. I highly recommend Titan straps over those Nite Eyez gear ties though. Way less fiddly. Try them. I promise you'll love them.

For you Mission guys out there, maybe you’ve already seen this, but YouTube showed me what I think is an awesome and cheap mod for the Mission that turns it into an awesome backpack for hiking in with that turns the bump on the bottom into a non issue. Thick foam seat pad cut out to fit the bump into. Slap some pack straps on and you’re ready to go.
26c6c350e24067e84bfd91acabaafbae.jpg

d539d0b7d2d6ef8d3bc70b84bbd8c930.jpg

157e675a4d15df1968259b406be97a98.jpg

6f0baeb9005cf464cef047948609aa2e.jpg

16c85f731e87f5c3da52a3562580dc6c.jpg

Great pics and ideas. Thanks. Another thing to consider is to install the shoulder straps the other way. Going vertical helps keep it all in your torso profile.

Great pics and ideas. Thanks. Another thing to consider is to install the shoulder straps the other way. Going vertical helps keep it all in your torso profile.

You’re welcome! Yeah I thought about that. I might still give that a try and see how it feels.

Sweatshirt, layers, or jacket stuffs nicely between the sticks. Small items in a fanny. A shoulder strapped lumbar would hold more and be perfect as it will take some of the weight of the platform/sticks. Lash bibs to the bottom of such for cold weather hunts.

Great system to be both roomy/comfy and minimalist simultaneously. I highly recommend Titan straps over those Nite Eyez gear ties though. Way less fiddly. Try them. I promise you'll love them.

For sure. Yeah I have some titans in my wish list for Amazon. Think I’ll just order them. I don’t like using the gear ties usually and instead just carry the sticks in my other hand. Hopefully that won’t be an issue with the titan straps.

highly recommend Titan straps over those Nite Eyez gear ties though. Way less fiddly. Try them. I promise you'll love them.

are they ski straps? Like a rubbery stretch strap? Found some called voile on Amazon and they are awesome. Going to need a couple longer ones to keep these on the stand.

or just loosen the shoulder straps a bit so the mission rides lower on your back. Im 6'2" and the bump isnt bothering me when I do this. Ive been packing extra stuff on my diy xop platform for years like this. The best straps ever made are no longer available, the raptor straps.

are they ski straps? Like a rubbery stretch strap? Found some called voile on Amazon and they are awesome. Going to need a couple longer ones to keep these on the stand.

They are rubbery stretchy straps. Not sure of their original purpose. I had a YouTube review popup in my feed with a guy using them on climbing sticks (not with the Mission) and it caused me to make the purchase. Not cheap, but I'm glad I spent the money on them.
I liked the bungee ball method but this is way better and works perfect with the Mission/Minis. Locks em nice and tight, quick and easy. No noise. Very little fiddle factor.

Thanks for posting, if I ever get some Tethrd One sticks, I'll consider something similar with my Predator pack. Nice that you could remove the foam pad and use as a knee pad (so you don't have to bring knee pads in separate).

I like it! What straps did you use? I’m going to order everything and do the same, thanks!

Back