• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Noob from Michigan

JOHNNYMCMAHAN

SH Member
Well, the subject says it all...

Long time hunter... treestand hunter that is.

Going to pull the trigger on a setup before season, but doing my homework as fast I can digest it! I am binging on the podcast and I have literally been lurking on this forum so much that I have been having saddle hunting dreams, despite never having been in one. LOL

I am wanting to get a Mantis setup, but am concerned it won't be here in time for me to get comfortable in time for archery season (Oct. 1)

Well, anyways, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to spending a bunch of times in here!

Last edited:
Welcome from SE Michigan. this will be my first year in a saddle - anxiously awaiting my Mantis!

Welcome to the site! Just hunt like you have been & ease into it you’ll be set in no time. Don’t be discouraged by saddle shape & all that. It’s just learning to trust your gear, gaining familiarity =confidence/comfort!

Welcome from Southern MI. My first season from a saddle as well, I have a Aero Hunter Kite on the way! Can't wait! Those podcasts can sure convince you to get your wallet out, then again it doesn't take much for me when it comes to hunting gear:tearsofjoy:

Back