• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Not so much hip pinch...

Jeremy Holden

It was more like "love handle squeeze"! I'm not that big around the middle either. Yesterday was my first sit in my saddle. I have the Tethrd mantis. All in all I really enjoyed it. I found though that the saddle felt like it kept riding up giving me a wedgie and digging into my lower abdomen in the sides. That made me fidgety. Now I didn't see a deer but I'm pretty sure it was a bad spot and not me moving around.

Regardless, I messed around with my tether height, where my butt was in the saddle, leaned, sat. I think I tried everything I could during the sit. I bought a large and am wondering if it's too big and wrapping around too much? Or is the standard bridge length they set to big? I'm just curious what a couple adjustments may be that I can try. I also had a hard time sitting still because it was soooo much fun to swing back and forth! Maybe that's why I didn't see any deer?!

-Jeremy

I had the exact same problem with my Kestrel. I made a few adjustments, and I no longer have that issue. In my case, wearing the saddle much lower, and loosening the waist strap was the best solution.

I wear my saddle on my walk in and tighten it up so it doesnt slide down, but when I get to the tree, I loosen it up and pull it down. Kind of gives me the feeling of having plumber's crack. It feels like its riding really low when I'm on the ground, but once it's under pressure, it feels great.

@Matt G. has a good point. The saddle should not be worn where the waist belt is on your waist. You need to loosen it and pull the saddle down so it cups your butt. After that you can fool with everything you did, try an adjustable bridge and IMO very importantly if you have them play with the microadjusters. I adjust them on every hunt depending on the tree.

@Matt G. has a good point. The saddle should not be worn where the waist belt is on your waist. You need to loosen it and pull the saddle down so it cups your butt. After that you can fool with everything you did, try an adjustable bridge and IMO very importantly if you have them play with the microadjusters. I adjust them on every hunt depending on the tree.

I know this post is half a year old but I’m responding because I think it could help a lot of newbies. I’ve sat in my new mantis a couple times and like it but it felt like it was too high yet I didn’t know if it was safe to have it as low as you’re talking about. After reading this I think I’ll get rid of my hip pinch on my next hang. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back