• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Not your typical Wisconsin opening day.

firehunter

Well my opening day was not what I thought it would be this year. At the last minute I got in on a lease with some friends so for once I have non public land to hunt. We got 320 acres in Lincoln county. So yesterday we went up to scout and set stands. Im the only one with a saddle but maybe I'll convert a few of them. It was a long day. Woke up at 3am to drive 4 hours there and worked till about 6pm clearing some trails and setting stands and then driving 4 hours home. I thoroughly pissed off my bad back but it will be worth it. 320 acres is a lot more land than I thought it would be. We didn't even cover all of it yesterday. But we know this season is a crap shoot and we are working on limited intel starting this late. Already working on plans for some food plots for next year. Not many crops in the area so good food will help lure them in to the land.

Well my opening day was not what I thought it would be this year. At the last minute I got in on a lease with some friends so for once I have non public land to hunt. We got 320 acres in Lincoln county. So yesterday we went up to scout and set stands. Im the only one with a saddle but maybe I'll convert a few of them. It was a long day. Woke up at 3am to drive 4 hours there and worked till about 6pm clearing some trails and setting stands and then driving 4 hours home. I thoroughly pissed off my bad back but it will be worth it. 320 acres is a lot more land than I thought it would be. We didn't even cover all of it yesterday. But we know this season is a crap shoot and we are working on limited intel starting this late. Already working on plans for some food plots for next year. Not many crops in the area so good food will help lure them in to the land.
Do you have any areas that looked like good bedding if so find paths leading to and from these areas and hunt them this year just don't get to close and ruin it! Then next year you will have food plots to hunt! Also check for any mast trees(acorn, Apple, persimmon, etc....) If you can find them they are gold mines!!! Good luck!

Do you have any areas that looked like good bedding if so find paths leading to and from these areas and hunt them this year just don't get to close and ruin it! Then next year you will have food plots to hunt! Also check for any mast trees(acorn, Apple, persimmon, etc....) If you can find them they are gold mines!!! Good luck!
Yea we have some good areas scoped out on trails leading to and from bedding. No apples or persimmon but we do have acorns so those are target spots. Thanks.

I have shot 4 deer in consecutive years on my 5 acres off of 8 in Lincoln.

Not many 320 acres plots up there that aren’t govt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back