• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Novix??? Any feedback on the company?

joesoup

Seeing a lot of social media referencing a new Novix manufacturer. The site has a limited amount of products all of which look like the original Lone Wolf stuff.

Just curious if anyone knows the owners or what the story is on the company.

I did buy the Echo. So far it's a cheaper (price wise) Lone Wolf stand that is still made in America. If i didn't have as big of boots as i do I'd pick up the sticks, but the XOP sticks work the best for me. I am looking forward to what they will have to bring to the market I the future as it seems like they will be able to try more new and innovative things under the Novix name vs Lone Wolf Tree Stands. Check out the podcast with the owners of the companies under the umbrella of Oak Leaf Outdoors.

I love DEER HUNTER | #171: Who is NOVIX, let's play it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I believe Novix is Lone Wolf. I’m pretty sure they changed their name to get away from Lone Wolf Custom Gear....

Andrae sold alone Wolf years ago, but kept the rights to the name or something?

Im sure someone will chime in.

I did buy the Echo. So far it's a cheaper Lone Wolf stand that is still made in America. If i didn't have as big of boots as i do I'd pick up the sticks, but the XOP sticks work the best for me. I am looking forward to what they will have to bring to the market I the future as it seems like they will be able to try more new and innovative things under the Novix name vs Lone Wolf Tree Stands. Check out the podcast with the owners of the companies under the umbrella of Oak Leaf Outdoors.

I love DEER HUNTER | #171: Who is NOVIX, let's play it!

Is it cheaper as in cheaper price than the LW or do you notice any quality differences? Assuming you have experience with the original LW stands too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it cheaper as in cheaper price than the LW or do you notice any quality differences? Assuming you have experience with the original LW stands too.

Cheaper in price. They are going with a consumer direct approach to avoid the retail stores and be able to give us hunters a better price. Quality wise it is on par with Lone Wolf Tree Stands. Here it is side my side with an XOP Air Raid Evo (yes I know this is a saddle hunter page and I do own 2 saddles and a hybrid).
63d6cafc427a898f4facb45c913ae664.jpg
6bba40448841e142acf53ec2984272ef.jpg
19b7af4f8ba2c5e70a3b0e5e2f5ed87f.jpg

I believe Novix is Lone Wolf. I’m pretty sure they changed their name to get away from Lone Wolf Custom Gear....

Lone Wolf Tree Stands is still alive and well. Oak Leaf Outdoors will keep them in retail stores for those who want to buy them that way. To me the consumer direct approach with Novix will be great for everyone. Lower prices for American made products and since they are working on Trophylines platform maybe they will have some more saddle hunting options in the future. In the podcast they mention potentially being able to work on other things than stands/sticks, like getting into the fishing market at some point.

Last edited:
Cheaper in price. They are going with a consumer direct approach to avoid the retail stores and be able to give us hunters a better price. Quality wise it is on par with Lone Wolf Tree Stands. Here it is side my side with an XOP Air Raid Evo (yes I know this is a saddle hunter page and I do own 2 saddles and a hybrid).
63d6cafc427a898f4facb45c913ae664.jpg
6bba40448841e142acf53ec2984272ef.jpg
19b7af4f8ba2c5e70a3b0e5e2f5ed87f.jpg

Cool. Looks good to me. As into saddles as I am, I still keep my LW hang on around. I like it a lot still among all the saddle stuff now a days and do use it sometimes.

LWCG mucked everything up. Lone Wolf and Novix are sister companies. So Novix and Lone Wolf are same manufacturer. Lone Wolf isn't going anywhere from my understanding. I think there was a licensing agreement with Andrae when he sold the company so that kind of explains their lack of innovation the last decade or so. New name and no restrictions is good for consumers. I have an XOP Vanish but as long as Novix can keep prices reasonable I would rather buy American.

Back