• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Now that's light....

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
My climbing setup I've been mostly using this year. This setup works great for me for getting in those nasty, limb filled cedars around the bedding areas. I've been running these or screw in ameristeps believe it or not. These are so light I just carry them in my hand or if I'm using the screw ins I just shove them in my pocket. With the top of my stick and 4 squirrel steps I get all the positioning and versatility I need.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191028-194303.png
    Screenshot_20191028-194303.png
    694.3 KB · Views: 363
  • Screenshot_20191028-194254.png
    Screenshot_20191028-194254.png
    522.6 KB · Views: 361
  • Screenshot_20191028-194249.png
    Screenshot_20191028-194249.png
    758.2 KB · Views: 345
Please tell of the sticks

- 18" sticks
- 1/16" wall
- mostly drilled out on front and back 1/2" holes
- 4, 1/2" holes on the sides
- API steps but switching to Dano steps eventually which will save another 4oz per stick
- Dano ultralight stand offs
- API plastic buttons
- versa straps that I normally use the buckleless wrap method with. It's easier than trying to get the right hole on the strap and they are thin and cinch really tight with the buckleless method.
- 4 step CAYG aider

Held up really well. Got about 15 hunts on them so far and no sign of wear or failure at the bolt holes. Did not reinforce with bushings and they are holding up fine. With these 3 minis and the aider I can get 22-23 feet to the top step. If using squirrel steps I place them even with the top step. If using a platform I have the option of placing it about 2 feet higher than the top step. That is the max capability but I have been hunting relatively low in the trees around bedding areas. It's hard to get much higher than 12-15 feet in those trees. But I moved to multiple minis because it makes getting in those trees very easy and quick.

My climbing setup I've been mostly using this year. This setup works great for me for getting in those nasty, limb filled cedars around the bedding areas. I've been running these or screw in ameristeps believe it or not. These are so light I just carry them in my hand or if I'm using the screw ins I just shove them in my pocket. With the top of my stick and 4 squirrel steps I get all the positioning and versatility I need.
Nice sticks! Look at those can-ams!

Back