• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NutterBuster's Annual Nutter Bustin' Rodeo (2020)

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Come one, come all. Come big, come small. Whether you call it nutter-bustin', squack-whackin, rat-wranglin', or just plain ole killin' squirrels, it's time to break out the rimfire arms, blunderbusses, judos, and pellet rifles. Ain't nuthin' says fall like a crisp morning spent trompin' the oak woods, and a lunch consisting of fried squirrel with some biscuits and gravy.

Rules have changed slightly this year. Pics or it don't count. Y'all make me proud. Dispel the notion that saddlehunters are the crossfit vegans of the hunting world and prove that y'all're down with the sickness.

Winner is him what busts the most nutters. Special prize for him what busts the biggest, ballsiest nutter. I'm not saying to measure anything, but in the event of a tie you might be glad you did. ;)

@kyler1945, I know you're about to bust. Come on with the pics.

Got the 3 early on when it was still hot out. Have 3 more in the fridge now, but only the picc of the bloody tree for proof of one of those.

That last pic is just for fun.
bfbd4fd26d938f669fa89a5537a8002a.jpg
f9fdf0cac1f0311a082b4b83c63d4b22.jpg
8fe72250d4242fe050a9b5488ec549ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I haven’t seen a squirrel yet this year that wasn’t eat up with wolves (bot fly larvae). What’s the consensus on how safe those are to eat? Always heard you shouldn’t, but the internet seems to think it’s ok if you cut off the meat around them.

Little video of this morning's victim.

Here's a question, how many of you are like me and firmly believe hunter's orange is a serious hindrance for squirrel hunting? My local wma just made it mandatory for small game this year and I HATE it. Squirrels, I believe, 1,000% see that mess. I'd sooner hunt turkeys or waterfowl with orange on.

It's a 452. Season opens in may here and runs til February 28th. Another forum I'm on we have friendly contests through out the season, currently from june1st to date theres been 976 squirrels killed between 12-14 people. I dont hunt them serious as I used to...
Nice CZ, Is it a 452 or a 455 American?
I have the 455 American, fantastic gun it is a real tack driver.

Unfortunately for me. Squirrels are not in season until Oct 12.

Here's a question, how many of you are like me and firmly believe hunter's orange is a serious hindrance for squirrel hunting? My local wma just made it mandatory for small game this year and I HATE it. Squirrels, I believe, 1,000% see that mess. I'd sooner hunt turkeys or waterfowl with orange on.
That’s karma for making fun of me wearing an orange vest squirrel hunting last season.

I hope to be joining in on this Saturday ready to whack some tree rats with the ole CZ.

Squirrels hate orange unless you’re trying to deer hunt. Anyone have any statistics on accidental shootings during small game seasons outside of upland birds and waterfowl. I’ve heard of a pile of deer hunters being mistaken for deer, hogs, bobcats, owners who post property etc. being shot by mistake. Never heard of that happening to a squirrel hunter. Maybe they know Alabamians would just as soon shoot a deer with a rimfire so make them dress the part.

@kyler1945 you got that single man money. Tell me more about this firearm.

I gave in a bought a pcp airgun. There are defintely cheaper options. But this one checked a few boxes. I sighted it in with the crappy scope off the hickory creek at 30 yards - I pulled one with bad rest, the next four shot holes all touching. .22 caliber 16gr pellet going 900fps and sounds like you're closing a door. I wanted something I can stick in backpack when I go deer hunting, shoot squirrels without firearm report.

I've pointed it at 7 squirrels. I missed once - I hit one in the hand that was shoving a pecan in his face. Next shot put him down.

Back