• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OAL Ridge Runner?

Love it. It bites well to tree and feet, lightweight, easy to attach and remove. Has a slight adjustment for tree lean. Comfortable all day.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I have one, its important to learn to cam it over but once you do, its quite solid. Takes side pressure and is of very high quality. I have both the original platform angle adjuster knob and the later (longer) model for mine for added adjustability. It does flex slightly if you don't cam it over correctly but no more than a predator but I've personally never been able to get it as solid as an EDP or an OOAL Solo Scout in my opinion. When I say flex I mean a little give if it isn't cammed down properly.

Little bit of a learning curve to making it set in super solid but it’s a super platform. Been using mine for 3 years or so

I also have an original. 230ish lbs, it bites well and handles side pressure well. It’s all in the cam over if you use the cam buckle strap. If you use an ocb or ratchet it’ll bite like a rat on a Cheeto. Some trees with thicker bark can be a bit dodgy but if you knock the bark off it’ll sink right in.

If I wasn't one-sticking I would never need to look for another platform.
I love my Ridge Runner!

Looks like nice platform. I was a little concerned when watching some videos of guys having trouble coming it over. Never checked out the weight of it.

Great platform. Have actually taken the strap off and it still was stuck to the tree. Only two issue I had was my boots were rubber snake boots and I sometimes felt the ridges with my feet (poor boot selection maybe?). I didn’t pack it right and the edges ate my backpack.

Anyone done any mods to their RR?
Paint / Paracord / Silencing Tape?

Pictures would be cool...:)

I bedlined and 550 corded the outside edge to cut down on banging and clanging when I climb(I hung mine off my saddle) and to enhance edge grip when wet(I tend to keep one boot on the edge so I can pivot easier. Potato cam pic:
AFCAA5CA-EE02-4C4E-9AD5-65845888E006.png

is th
I bedlined and 550 corded the outside edge to cut down on banging and clanging when I climb(I hung mine off my saddle) and to enhance edge grip when wet(I tend to keep one boot on the edge so I can pivot easier. Potato cam pic:
View attachment 66822
is there a certain pattern to follow when adding paracord?

Why would you not just climb with the platform?

Been working on this...

Haven't decided on whether I like the cambuckle on the Ridge Runner or the OCB on the Solo Scout better for climbing?

(I like the cam cleat on my one-stick)

Back